Chapter Number One

Well, hello guys! Vindr here, and I'd like to introduce a whole new story MidnightGalxXx and I are writtin! It is called Deaths Calling! It's something unusual for both of us, but please give it a try! I guess I will shut up now and let you all read! Have fun! 

P.S. The name's of the characters are Robin (written by Midnight), and Dante (written by me) just wanted to set that straight :P Oh, and maybe you can see the similiarity between the cover and our profile background picture. ;P

Chapter One

Robin

20th of December 2012 8:55pm

“Let’s go Ro!”

Tearing my eyes off of the calendar I glanced at the opened door to see my twin, Reed, leaning against it. He was the athlete of the family, the star basketball player with a smile that made girls swoon. Me? I was the nerd, according to his girls just because I liked to read and do well in school, not get drunk and grind on some stranger.

“Do you think they were right?” I wondered absently running my finger around the circle I’d drawn around tomorrows date.

“Who?” He asked coming over to my side and peering at the date. He scoffed and slung an arm around my shoulders. “The world ending? Yeah, right. It was meant to end in 2000 and then again in like ’09. It’s not going to happen, sis.”

“But the Mayans predicted some things that came true.” I pointed out.

Reed sighed and looked at me with a fond expression. He was used to this, my nervousness. “You need to stop reading that fantasy stuff, sis. Plus,” he continued with a smiled. “If the world did end, I would protect you.”

Now it was my turn to scoff, “You’d be too busy protecting your girlfriends to worry about me.”

“Survival of the species,” he shrugged with a grin. “But you will always be my number one priority, sis.”

“Aww,” I cooed slipping out from his grasp and stuffing my phone into my pocket. “Don’t let Melissa hear that.”

“Melissa?” he asked. “I thought her name was Krista?”

“You’re hopeless,” I sighed tugging him to the door. “Let’s go, bro.”

                                                                                ********

“Are you sure we should be doing this?” Levy wondered as I stepped out of the car. Her bright blond hair shone in the moonlight as she twiddled it between her fingers.

Glancing around the dark area, I couldn’t help but share her worry. The forest was creepy after dark. It seemed to grow, tower over us more so than it did in day light. The branches groaned as they swayed in the cold breeze and all around us insects and night owls sounded.

“Maybe this isn’t a good idea,” I said looking to my brother who was high fiving Jake.

“Don’t worry,” he called over motioning for me to close the door. I did and approached him with Levy next to me as he clicked the car locked. Jake and his cousin Shane grinned at us.

“This is it?” Levy wondered. “Just us?”

“Yup,” Shane chuckled. “No one else came.”

“Why not?” Reed asked then added in a high voice. “Are they scared the world will end? Oh no! I forgot to do my laundry!”

“Idiot,” Jake shoved him towards the trail and we all fell into line following.