Crumbling Time (Epilogue)

Well, here's the last chapter. Congrats to everyone that read this far! Thanks so much.

I have a few more sequels in mind, but they won't be coming on here for a while...

Tell me what you thought! Comment/vote/fan please!

________________

Epilogue: Back Home

I was finally released about four days later, when the doctors thought I was going to be okay and there was no horrible damage to my heart. I managed to miss two days of school since my trip had been a little longer than expected, but all I cared about was healing.

Cam drove me home-he got permission from his parents to miss school too-after I fought endlessly with my mom about it. So when she finally agreed to it, she made Cam swear to not take any detours on the way, not that he was even going to in the first place, but moms would be moms.

"My mom can be so embarrassing at times," I had moaned when Cam started driving.

"It's okay," he had said. "She just wants what's best for you."

I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he wrapped one arm around my waist. "Could she at least try not to show it?"

"I can't promise you anything."

I glanced in the rearview mirror.

"They're still behind us," Cam confirmed before I barely had a glimpse.

I sighed, sliding down in the seat. Mom and Dad were following us in their car. My dad thought it was ludicrous for my mom to keep thinking they couldn't trust Cam, but she was not letting up. From that, you know that the past four days had come striking close to being worse than the week before that.

He squeezed my waist and brought me even closer. "It's okay. Don't forget: my back window is tinted."

I smiled. "So they won't see me if I do this?" I reached my head up and kissed him.

Cam's phone rang. "Hello?" he answered.

"Eyes on the road," I heard my mom order.

My eyes widened. "Good bye, Mom!" I pressed the End button on the phone and shoved it in the glove compartment.

"I'll get my windows re-tinted," he said.

"If that's possible," I pointed out.

He laughed. "That's weird though." He glanced at the back window. "She must have really good eyesight."

"It's like raptor vision." I made my hands like claws and hissed.

He shook his head. "You're crazy. But that's why I love you. You're so entertaining."

I smiled, and leaned my head on his shoulder again. Finally knowing his true feelings for me had convinced me that I didn't have to be worried about making a fool of myself with him-even if it didn't exactly stop me completely from feeling that way anyway.

It had taken us about six hours to get back home, and then, a day later, I was rocking out in my room. My parents allowed me one more day away from school to relax, especially given it was a Friday.

Listening to "In the Ayer" by Flo Rida, I was jumping around my room-attempting to dance, obviously not taking my parents advice to rest-and basically bellowing the lyrics.

"In the ayer, ay-ayer, ayer, ay-ayer," I was 'singing.' "Oh hot damn! This is my jam!" I waved my free hand in the air and kept dancing around my room.

Once the song was over, and the music died down, I heard someone slowly applauding from behind me. My face turned red-with anger. My parents knew I didn't like it when they barged in on me.