Chapter 19

The next day...
Rhys and I were sitting in the office in the KK House, near the front of the house. We had decided each kid would be allowed to bring their favorite toy with them, and some clothes, since they barely had anything to pack. We would explain our school, called Rainbow Academy, since it was right near the Rainbow. We called it the Academy for short. The first people who walked in were a young couple. They looked pretty well off. They both bowed to us upon entering. Rhys and I nodded our heads, then got up to shake their hands.

"My name is Gavin Mertoni, and this is my wife, Alexa Mertoni," the man said, introducing them both.

"Nice to meet you. Please sit down," Rhys said, smiling warmly at the young couple.

"We don't have a specific kid in mind, but we would like a group of young boys. Perhaps five boys, within the age range of five to six. We absolutely love kids and have been struggling to have our own for years," Alexa said.

"They would be well taken care of. We live in a mansion in the far side of the city. The only work we would like them to do is to take care of the dogs we keep. There are many, and there are often new litters of puppies that we give away, but we need the boys to help take care of them," Gavin explained. That sounded nice.

"I have a group in mind. Let me go get them," I said, leaving the room to find Fox, Lukas, James, William, and Mikael. I explained to them, and they said they would love to be brothers and take care of puppies. I smiled, and brought them to the office.

"Gavin and Alexa, this is Fox, five, Lukas, five, James, six, William, six, and Mikael, five." I stated their names and ages. "Boys, these are you potential parents, Gavin and Alexa Mertoni." They all mumbled 'hi' shyly. Gavin and Alexa introduced themselves and told them about the mansion and the puppies. I asked the Mertoni's to leave the room while the boys decided.

"So? What do you think?" Rhys asked them. They all turned, huge smiles on their faces.

"We're going to be brothers," Lukas announced. I cheered, and brought the now adoptive parents back. We told them the news, and they hugged their new children. We had them sign all the official paperwork, and the boys went upstairs to pack while we told the parents about the school.

"So you probably know that we have created a school for these children. I understand you are well off, and can find a private tutor, but we would like it if they could attend this school, beginning in two weeks. Lukas has magical abilities, and we are professionally teaching a class for these kids," Rhys explained kindly. The happy couple nodded, agreeing to send the boys to Rainbow Academy. The boys came back down and they left as a happy family. (The next few adoptions will be super short because otherwise the chapter will get too long)

The next couple who came in were a young lesbian couple. Their name's were Zoe and Stella Tren, reasonably well off and could provide. They adopted Cana and Sandra, both nine years old. Sandra and Cana would attend the Academy soon. The next couple wanted to adopt a boy and girl. Their name's were Isaiah and Kaylee Lockwood. They wanted them to be the same age, and they wanted kids younger than ten. I thought for a moment before going to bring Abbie and Amos. They got along well, and they were both seven. Once they found out the news, they both grinned wide, cute smiles, hugging each other and their new parents, before running to pack their things. They were attending the Academy so they could see their friends, though neither had magical abilities.

The next couple's names were Serenity and Austin Orviati. They also wanted to adopt a boy and a girl. They wanted a girl around twelve years old and a boy around ten. I thought to find a pair who got along well. I remembered seeing Kasey talking to Karim, and helping him when he cut his knee. She acted like his older sister already. I went to get them. Karim had magical abilities, and Kasey old enough to train. Kasey was 12 and Karim was 9. Rhys explained the school to Serenity and Austin, talking about Karim's magical abilities and the fact that Kasey would be training. Serenity and Austin smiled, and explained to the kids where they lived, and that they would attend the Academy. Kasey and Karim smiled as well, and they said they would like to go with Serenity and Austin. After the four left, we took a short break.

"This is great. All the parents so far have been enthusiastic and trustworthy. The kids are happy," Rhys said happily.

"Yeah, I'm really pleased with how this turned out," I said.

"I'm so proud of you. You came up with this idea. Without you, none of this would have happened," Rhys said, coming over to hug me and give me a kiss.

"Aww thanks, Rhys," I said. I peeked outside. Only one couple left, and I told Rhys. He nodded, sitting down again. I walked outside and brought in two men. They bowed and introduced themselves. Their names were Zachary and Justin Barriola. They said they wanted to adopt two girls, around ten or eleven years old. I thought and asked Briella, who is 11, and Eva, who is 10. They got along pretty well, and Briella already acted like Eva's older sister. They smiled when they met their potential two dads. Zachary and Justin introduced themselves, also telling the girls a little about themselves. The girls thought for a minute and decided they liked Zachary and Justin. As they were both old enough to train, they were going to attend the Academy. There was no other couples, and we went to the remaining kids to tell them.

"I'm sorry, guys," I said sadly. These wanted to have parents too. "That was all the couples for today. But maybe next week." The kids smiled.

"It's okay, Aunt Feyre," Catalina called out. "Maybe we will be adopted next week. Besides we're well taken care of here, and we have friends."

"Thanks Catalina," I replied, smiling warmly at the girl. Rhys and I brought Astria and Cayden, and we took the KidsKare kids out into the city, taking them for lunch and giving them a little money to go shopping. The kids all took turns holding Tria and Cay, cooing over them and showing them various things throughout the city. It was so cute. I sighed happily, feeling like I had accomplished something.

~