Chapter 8

Mor's P.O.V.

The girls said bye to me at the door, and I nearly skipped out the door. I was nervous, but my excitement drowned out the nervousness. I slowed my pace once I reached the outskirts of downtown, clutching my yellow purse. I made it to the restaurant, and took a table for two. Karshia wasn't here yet, so I took the time to fix my hair and straighten my clothes. Just then Karshia walked in. She looked amazing. She was wearing a mid-calf length dress, long-sleeved, and had different swirls of color on it. She was wearing a sliver necklace and earrings, and she had a light layer of makeup on. She didn't really need it though, she looked gorgeous without any jewelry or makeup. I stood up to greet her.

"Mor!" She exclaimed hugging me, and kissing me on the cheek. "You look amazing!"

"So do you!" I replied, kissing her cheek. I was so happy. We sat down, and she stretched her leg out so it was touching mine. Just that little bit of contact made me want her in my arms again. I felt like a teenager, being excited and crazy on their first date. We started talking. I told her about how I came out to my family, and she said she was really proud of me. I thanked her, and she told me about the pieces she had been working on. I asked her what studio she works at.

"Oh that's the same studio Feyre likes to use!" I said, remembering the name. She knew I was the Morrigan, and so she wasn't surprised to hear me refer to the High Lady so casually.

"I'd like to meet them all sometime," she said, taking my hand over the table.

"How about we all go dancing next week? Maybe Thursday night?" I asked.

"I'd love that," she smiled and squeezed my hand. I squeezed back. Just then the waiter came over with menus and champagne. He poured the champagne and let us be. We clinked our glasses together and drank. I began looking at the menu. Both of us were extreme foodies, so we started wondering what to get. There were so many things to order. I decided on a steak with a side salad, and Karshia ordered a potato pasta. We continued talking, sharing memories and experiences; getting to know each other. When our food came, we ate in silence, both of us very hungry.

"Would you like to come to my apartment and check out my work?" she asked when we were done. She had told me she kept some of her work at home.

"I'd love to!" We finished our last sips of champagne, and after much arguing, Karshia paid for our lunch. We walked along the Sidra hand in hand. Nobody looked at us funny, only smiled and nodded. Another thing I loved about Velaris; everyone was so accepting. We crossed the Rainbow, and she led the way to her studio. She unlocked the door, and led me to the gallery. Her paintings were gorgeous. Most of them were scenes of various places. I recognized many different courts. One of the Summer Court was beautiful. It exactly captured the place.

"This one is amazing!" I praised. "Have you been to the Summer Court before?"

"Thanks," she replied blushing. "I painted that when I visited there to learn under a greatly known artist there. It was quite an experience." I nodded impressed. There were many of Velaris, and she captured the life and sparkle perfectly. I complimented her on every piece. Then I noticed an average sized canvas at the end of the wall, covered in a sheet.

"What's that one?" I pointed. She blushed.

"I made that one for you," she replied and she walked over and pulled the sheet off. I gasped. It was me, in the coffee shop where we met. She had painted it from her point of view. There was a hand holding a pencil on a pad, drawing this exact painting. I knew that was her hand. I was paying for my drink, holding my drink in one hand, and handing the cash over in the other. I was smiling. I was clothed in a black leather jacket, with a purple crop top and black jeans. I perfectly remembered that day. I had paid for my drink, seen Karshia, and knew she was someone special. I sat down and began talking to her, and she offered to take me to lunch the next week, which led us to where we are now. Karshia gently took it off the wall.

"Here, keep it," she handed it to me. I had tears in my eyes.

"Thank you," I breathed. She hugged me. I pulled back, and looked deep into her eyes. I put my hand on the side of her face and leaned in. She did too. I hesitated for a second before pressing my lips to hers. She kissed me back, her hands going around my neck, then up into my hair. I slid my hands down to her slim waist, pulling her in closer. We finally pulled apart, and pressed our foreheads together. We were both grinning ear to ear. We agreed to meet for coffee at the cafe we met at tomorrow, and I said goodbye, stepped back and winnowed home. I shut the door, then sunk down against it smiling. Feyre rushed in, and took my arm and dragged me to the sitting room, where everyone was waiting. Meaning Amren, Feyre, Elain, Nesta, Rhys, Azriel, Cassian, and even Varian, who came to visit Amren for a couple days.

"What?" I asked, not able to keep the smile off my face.

"Tell us everything!" They all shouted. So I did. Everything from seeing her walk in, to what we ate, to what we talked about, to admiring her work, and finally to the kiss. All the girls squealed and hugged me, even Amren. Rhys hugged me too, and the other guys just gave me happy smiles. I bounced upstairs to my room, hanging the painting right in front of my bed, so I would wake up everyday and see it. I fell onto my bed with a smile on my face, and I didn't move until Feyre called me for dinner.

~