Chapter 8

I couldn't believe he just said that. We just sat there in silence waiting to see who would speak first.

"Are you gonna say something?" He asked looking at me. I rose my head to look at him.

"Ben your a great guy..."

"But I'm no Asher." He finished.

"I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't change our friendship." I smiled weakly, with my hand on top of his.

"Ya, I knew you didn't feel the same way, but I wanted to tell you, otherwise I would always think what could of been." He explained.

"I understand."

"It's your turn now."

"What do you mean my turn?" I questioned.

"Your turn to tell Asher, I have been telling you from the beginning. After the dance I'm having a party, go and tell him then."

"I will go, maybe, but I'm not telling him." I tried compromising.

"Fine."

"What I don't get is, if you like me so much why are you pushing me to Asher?" I asked.

"Because as much as I want it to be me its not. Asher is that guy who makes you happy and that's all I want."

"Aww Ben, I'm sorry." I hugged him. I apologized because I can't return the feeling.

"It's fine."

"Well, I guess this means the fake dating is over."

"Why?"

"I don't want to lead you on, it was okay when I thought you didn't like me, but now its not. I don't want to make it harder for you." I told him.

"Emma, we are doing this and i don't care what you say." He said sternly.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. You are not breaking up this fake relationship." He grinned.

"Thanks, I have to go inside before my dad flips."

"Bye."

I got out of the car and waved him goodbye. When I turned I saw my dad fussing with the curtains by the door. I smiled walking towards the house. My nosey dad. I turned the knob and walked inside.

"I'm home." I shouted. He came from the living room.

"Hey sweetie. How wad the date?" He asked.

"It was fine."

"Good, I like that Ben." He smiled.

"I know dad. Well I'm going to bed."

"Night then."

"Night." I went to my room and changed into pajamas. What a night. I went to my bed thinking. Three more days until the dance. Ugh and school tomorrow. Who goes out on a Tuesday night. Gosh I'm tired. I then laid my head on my comfy pillow and feel asleep.

"Emma wake up. Wake up." My dad shouted walking in.

"I'm up!" I groaned.

"It's almost 8 you know." What! I reached over to my phone checked the time. I had a text from Ben saying he couldn't pick me up and my missed alarm. It was 7:50.

"I'm gonna be late." I rushed out of bed to my bathroom. How can you over sleep. I must have put my phone on silent.

"Well heading of to work." He knocked on my bathroom door.

"Later." I then hopped into the shower. I quickly rinsed my hair and dried off. There was no towels in the bathroom. Dammit.

I opened my door slowly to see if my dad was still here, but he wasn't. I ran to my drawer and grabbed undies and a bra. I was now infront of my closet. What to wear, what to wear? I pulled out a Sharky's black t-shirt and some white shorts. I checked my phone and it was 8 already.