Chapter 3- Kaede

Kiro

"Mom, why does Sakura speak a different language?" I asked my mother.
"It's their native language. She is not pure Japanese." My mom replied. We are at Tito Ayano and Tita Abby's house. Sakura, their daughter is cute. She's small and rosy and vibrant.
"Go with Sakura." My father told me.

Sakura and I went to their entertainment room where she opens the TV.
"What language did you spoke earlier?"
"Tagalog." She replied. I am older than her by 3-4 years.

That night when we went home, my father talked to me regarding some serious matter.
"Kaede, if ever something bad happened to me and your mother, run to Abby and Ayano. Do not go back to help us. Promise me that." My father said.
"What is going on?" I asked. I am 12 years old. Too young to understand few things but too old to treat as a child.
"There is part of the gang that wanted a revolution. They don't want my policy of living in a clean life. And they will come for me. Run, Kaede. Run and never return for us. You must promise to me, son."
I nod to my father's request.

The next day, father is having a meeting with Uncle Haru. His half-brother.
"You are losing your touch, brother." Uncle Haru said. I listen behind closed doors.
"Your friendship with Fujihara is hindering the real mission of our Triad. You made half of our establishments under Government Tax." Uncle Haru is shouting.
"We can not run under the law forever. I am doing this because that is the only way to save our group. Look at what happen to Yakuza. They are now scattered and laws are running after them." My father replied.
"You are not capable to run our group anymore." Uncle Haru exclaimed.

"A son, born with an x on the back will rise from the ashes and unite our tribe." My father said to Uncle.
"That prophecy is nothing... Your son will not unite us because I will kill you all." Uncle Haru said. I open the door a little just enough to see Uncle Haru and my father fight with each other. My father has his samurai on his hand. He is dodging bullets from Uncle Haru but one bullet hit him on his knees that made him fall.
My mom ran to my father. She came from the other door and shield herself in front of my father. The first bullet hit my mom at the back.

"Hana..." My father shouted.
The next bullet hit my father at his head. I was stuck at the door. Too stunned to move to angry to cry, too devastating to think of what my father said to me last night.
Uncle Haru opens the door and he saw my pale face. He has the samurai of my father. The legacy of our family. He removed the samurai from the scabbard and point it at my face.
"Your family line will end today." He said.
I step backward and run towards the main door. But the blade of Samurai was slashed on my back making me kneeled. Pain erupted from the sliced skin. Blood is dripping from my wound.

"You will die little by little... And remember my face when you are burning into ashes, Kaede." My uncle's hatred is visible as he spits on my face. He slit the back of my legs to prevent me from moving. I didn't give him the happiness of my scream. I drink my pain and hide my agony.

While I am lying face down, blood draining my life, I heard my father's voice in my head. Run, Kaede... Run. So with the strength, I have while the house is starting to burn, I endure the pain of my wounds. With the help of my father's samurai, I stand and walk...and walk...until I knock on Tito Ayano's door.

That is the last time I was called Kaede. When I woke up, I am at the Country Club and my name changed to Kiro. Just Kiro... I don't even use my family name.

"Kiro...gising." Nagising ako mula sa bangungot ng nakaraan.
"Malapit na tayo." Sabi ni Tito Kyle.

I cannot run forever, father. I will face your demon brother and end his life.
Our mission is to save Tito Ayano. But my personal mission is to end Haru and take what is rightfully mine.

Pagkababa namin sa airport, deretso agad kaming pumunta sa bahay ni Tita Abby.Nasa bahay daw si Sakura at binabantayan ang mahinang pulso ni Tita Abby. Angibang Knights, nagpunta sa hideout para may makasama ang dalawang kapatid niSakura.

"Clear." Xykie said over my ear piece. Pumasok kami sa bahay habang nakabantayang ibang Knights sa labas.
"Nasa kitchen pa sila, Kiro." Xykie informed us.

Nakatutok ang baril ni Sakura sa amin ng makapasok ako sa Kitchen. Binaba niyaang baril at patakbong yumakap sa akin. I hold her tight as she was shaking.There are bloob on her shirt as well.

Si Tito Kyle at Tito Marcus ang nag-ayos kay Tita Abby sa stretcher na dalanamin.
"Good job, Sakura. Let's move." Tito Ace commanded.

Mabilis namin sinakay si Tita Abby sa van na dala namin at deretso sa airport.
"Yung mga kapatid ko?" Tanong ni Sakura.
"On the way sa airport. Sinundo ni Tito Red." I replied.

Sinalinan na din ng dugo ni Tito Marcus si Tita Abby. As far as they are a concern, Tita Abby is their sister. Not by blood... but still, she is their sister.

"You will find dad, right?" Her eyes are begging me.
"Yes...I will bring him alive. I promise." I hold her cold hand tighter.
"I need you to be my shadow, Sakura."
Sakura nod at me. "I'll be there."

I need her, for if she leaves me alone in this battle, I will not make it. I need her...