Chapter 4: Alone with Him

School flies buy the next day and my teacher releases me early because I have been so good. I decide to go straight for the stables and text Becky and Jade so they know where I am.

        I get to the stables and I am  expecting to be alone with Swan. I go to his stall and start to pet him and he calms down fast.

       "Nice work, nobody has ever gotten him this calm." I here from behind my back, causing me to jump a little. I turn around and see Pin walking towards me from across the stables.

        "What are you doing here?" I ask.

        " I could ask you the same. I have to skip the last half of the day to come and do chores, because we don't have an official groom." He says. Now he is standing right next to me, petting the newly calm Swan.

        "I got let out an hour early, and I have nothing better to do, so I came here." I reply

        "Nothing better to do! Is that all this is to you, something to occupy your time?" He snaps, and he walks away to go do more chores.

        "Well, that didn't go well" I say with a sigh to Swan.

        "Your not special, he does that to everyone" I hear a voice behind me say. I turn around to face to girls.

        "Hi, I'm-"

        "Katie, the new girl, yes we know. I'm Mia and this is Susie" she says.

        "So, why are you here so early?" I ask.

        "We go to the private school and get out an hour early." Mia says.

        "Cool, so can you help me tack up Major, he is the horse I'm suppose to be ridding." I ask.

        "We really should wait for Marcus, he is the trainer, after all" Mia says. The three of us decide to hang out in the tack room until Marcus get here.

~❤~

        "So do you want to know our nicknames for the boys?" Susie asks me after a while.

        "Sure" I reply thinking only of Pin.

        "Well we call Marcus..." Mia trails off.

        "Mr. Perfect" Susie says for her.

        "Wow, it's so true" I say, "but what do you call Pin?"

        "They call him Cheekbones, but only when he is not around." A voice, I almost recognize says from behind me. I turn around to find marcus, standing in the doorway of the tack room.

        "Hey girls, I need to talk to Katie, so if you could leave, that would be lovely" he says. The girls get up and leave, and Marcus sits across from me.

        "I think you are right, I think it would be best for us both to just be friends, and I would like to keep training with you because you are an amazing rider and I want to see what you can do. I also want to be able to hang out with you because I think you are really cool." He blurts out. Looking down at his feet.

        "I'm not sure what to say, I think its a bunch of thank you and one yes I agree." I respond. He looks up at me hopeful and we get up and hug. I look over his shoulder and see Pin staring at us, he sees me and keeps walking.

        "Now," he says pulling away, "we should get you on that horse!"