Chapter 7

I sit in my room, staring out the window. I need to find a way out and fast. I can't hurt Violet, Violet! Oh god she is telling her parents tonight. Shit, this even more complicated. I have to figure something out. Unfortunately, the devil has all the power. She even set some damn ground rules.

Rule one, unless it is school or basketball related we must always be together so that I don't try anything.

Rule two, no one can know about this.

Rule three, I must lose all contact with Violet. This one really sucks, I love Violet so much and this is going to hurt her so much. She even bugged my phone so that she sees all the calls I make and receive and all the text messages I receive and send.

Rule four, we have to act like an actual couple.

Are just some of the rules. And if I ever break any of the rules, she will send the picture to everyone. I groan and face plant onto my bed. I need to fix this and fast. I can't loose Violet, Violet is everything to me. I end up waking up to the vibration of my phone. I blink and sit up on my bed. I must have fallen asleep. I check and see that it is a text message from Violet telling me good morning. I smile, but then my smile faulters and I text back 'Good morning and we need to talk.' After that I get a text from the devil. 'I told you to stop talking to her.' I roll my eyes and reply 'I am going to break up with her.' The devil replies 'You better.'

I get ready for school quickly so that I can maximize my time with Violet. I arrive at Violet's and knock on her door. Violet answers it and asks starting to tear up, "Are you breaking up with me?" "Never" I say pulling Violet into a hug, "I just wanted to know how it went." I wipe her tears away with my thumb and Violet smiles. I kiss her forehead and she invites me in. I walk in and see her parents in the kitchen. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Snow" I say. "Violet told us about you two and the promise ring" Mrs. Snow says, "You two have our blessing." "We like you more that another boyfriend or friend Violet has brought home" Mr. Snow says, "Don't hurt her." "I would never intentionally hurt her" I say.

We walk to my car and get in. I look at Violet and asks hopefully, "So can we tell everyone now?" Violet bites her lip and starts to think. She looks so- focus Sammy, get your mind out of the gutter. "I need a little more time" Violet says. Damnit, well there goes that plan. If Violet had been ready, the devil couldn't blackmail me anymore. Since Violet isn't ready to come out, I just have to get my own proof. Now I have to figure out how to get it. For now I have to make it look like I broke up with Violet so that the devil doesn't out Violet. Then I have to figure out a way to tell Mary and she can be the middle man. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the proof I need.

"Sammy" Violet says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes" I ask. "You ok" Violet asks, "It looked like you were thinking about something important." "Do you trust me" I ask. "One hundred percent" Violet says. "I love you Violet" I say, "Don't ever forget that." "I love you too Sammy" Violet says. "Also remember that everything I do, I do for you" I say, "It may not look that way at first, but it is always for you." "Why are you telling me this" Violet asks. I grab Violet's left hand and slide the promise ring off her finger. I show her the inside and it says 'Samolet forever.' I put the ring back on her finger. "We are team Samolet" I say, "We are endgame."

I pull her in for a kiss. She immediately kisses me back. I kiss her like my life depends on it and who knows when I will be kissing her again. She climbs into my lap and the kiss heats up. "I love you Violet" I whisper. We jump apart when there is a knock on my window. We see Mary standing there. We get out of the car. "Why is Mary here" Violet asks. "She is taking you to school" I say, "I have something to do." I pull her in again and we kiss for a few seconds. I lay my forehead against Violet's. "Don't forget anything I told you" I whisper. "What's going on Sammy" Violet asks. "Love makes us do crazy things" I say. I get into my car and drive off to school.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  If you have any questions or suggestions let me know.  As always votes and comments are appreciated.