Reality 14

Reality 14

"I knew you were here," I sat beside Chari and from the look of her eyes, I know she had been crying. "You okay?" Nag-aalalang tanong ko.

She nodded slightly. "I guess," her voice almost crack. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be working right now."

"So do you?" I answer back. "Alam ko na." Nakayukong turan ko.

"You knew what?" She asked innocently.

"Stop it Cha. Why did you hide from me?" I tried my best to control my emotions cause right now, I'm already freaking out.

She didn't bother to answer then I saw her shoulder started to shiver and a tear fell from her eye. Oh god, I hate to see my sister cry.

"Cha," I said pulling her into a hug. I can't help but blame our lolo. "Listen to me. You don't have to do it." I cupped her face and started wiping her tears.

She shrugged her head. "I'm not as strong as you are sis. I can't back out now."

"Why not? It's your life Chari, not theirs. This is not what you want. You don't love that guy lolo had been asking you to marry. And how about Marco? Kaya mo bang mawala sya sayo?"

"Cee, you don't understand."

"Then make me! Whatelse were you hiding from me? Bakit bigla ka na lang pumayag mapakasal?" Kilala ko ang kapatid ko, alam kong may mabigat syang dahilan kaya napapayag sya sa kalokuhang to.

"Cause you wouldn't," she burst out. "If I can only win that bet, hindi ko kaylangang magpakasal at matakot na baka totohanin ni lolo ang pagsira sa buhay ni Marco."

So that's it. Tinakot nga sya ni lolo. That ruthless old man. "That's not fair. I'm going to talk to him." Akmang tatayo na ako pero pinigilan ako ni Chari.

"Please don't. You'll just make things worse." So yun na yon? Sumusuko na sya?

Di ko na rin napigilan ang pagragasa ng mga luha ko. I feel so useless. Wala man lang akong magawa para matulungan ang kapatid ko. "This is all my fault." Nasabunutan ko ang sarili ko. "I'm so selfish."

Hinawakan nya ang kamay ko. "No, it's not. Do you understand?" She was looking straight to my eyes.

"But I was supposed to in your place."

"Then, are you willing to take my place back?" Nalilitong napatingin ako sa kanya. "See? You"re not willing to marry that guy so what's the use of blaming yourself?" Chari is so selfless. She deserve to be happy.

"Promise me you will not do anything stupid Cee."

I didn't answer her. "No. Walang kasal na magaganap. We'll do something to get you out of that stupid tradition." Then I left her dumbstruck beside her mother's grave. But I suddenly stopped when I remembered something. "I promised Mama Carlota that I'll take care of you. I'll stick to that promise." I said before finally leaving.

I went back to the office after talking to my sister. At sinalubong ako ng natatarantang si Sab.

"Thanks God, you're back. Where the hell have you been? I had been trying to reach you."

"I'm out with Chari. Why, what's wrong?" She seem agitated.

"We can use some help. Kanina pa pinag-iinitan ni Russel ang lahat ng empleyado dito ng malaman nyang di ka pa rin bumabalik." Argh. Ano na naman ang problema nya this time?

"At ano naman ang kinalaman ko don?" Balewalang tanong ko.

"Seriously sis? You started all this so you will solve this. Maawa ka naman sa lahat ng staff ko." Nagpalinga linga ako sa paligid at damang dama ko ang tensyong namumuo sa buong paligid. And somehow, I feel guilty.