Reality 26

Reality 26

"Hello there soon to be Mrs Marco Evangelista." Pumasok ako sa kwarto ni Chari habang inaayusan ito.

"You look lovely." She said looking at me through the mirror.

"You are lovelier." I grabbed a chair beside her. "How are you feeling?"

"Unbelivebly nervous and at the same time thrilled. I can't believe that two hours from now, I'll become Mrs Marco Evangelista." Seeing  my sister's smile- how happy and excited she is, I knew I did the right thing.

"I'm so happy for you, Cha." I tried my best not to cry.

"Thank you, Cee." Yinakap nya ako habang pinupunas ang nangingilid na luha.

"Oh no, you'll ruin my masterpiece so please don't cry." Saway samin ng make up artist. "It's waterproof but plese, mamaya na kayo mag-iyakan."

Sabay kaming natawa sa tinuran nito. "Right. I'll go ahead before I make you cry and check if everything's fine. Sab will be here na din in a minute."

Lumabas na ako at inisa-isa ng tingnan kung kompleto na ba lahat ng kailangan. Gumawa na ako ng checklist upang masigurong wala akong makakalimutan.  May organizer din naman kaya ang kapatid ko na lang ang kailangan kong intindihin.

"Seems like everything's ready." I saw my grandfather leaning at the wall.

Pinagpatuloy ko ang ginagawa. "You need anything?"

"I just wanted to remind you that this is not just about Chari's wedding. Don't forget our deal." Matapos itong magsalita ay umalis na ito.

Nanghihinang napaupo sya sa sofa. How could I forget that when I know that this will be the last day of my freedom? My grandfather- that dispecable man, he really has his way of making us all miserable.

"Baby, are you crying?" Mabilis kong pinunas ang luhang di ko man lang namalayang pumapatak na.

"Hey Dad. Don't you think it's inappropriate to call me baby? Masyado na akong malaki para dyan." I leaned my back and closed my eyes.

"No, you will always be my baby."

"Awww. That's so sweet Dad. Are you drunk?" I joked.

"You really know how to spoil the moment." He sat beside me and pulled my head in his shoulder.

"Do I?"

For a moment, we both fell in silence.

"You still have time to back out." He whispered while caressing my hair.

"It's too late for that. I already signed up for this."

"I can help you escape."

"I won't risk Chari's happiness for my petty feelings."

"Love is not just a petty feelings."

"And who's talking about love here?" I said nonchalantly.

"How about the guy you were talking your Mom about?"

"He was just a passing fancy." It came out to me easily. I guess I'm getting good at this as days goes by- fabricating lies and making them my truth. "You should go to the church now. The wedding will soon begin." I diverted the topic. I just can't talk about it right now.

"Alright, I'll go ahead then." See you at the church. Pagakaalis nito ay bumalik na ako sa kwarto ni Chari. She was all dressed and ready to go.

"Wow. You look like Mama Carlota."

"Really?"

Tumango ako. "Are you ready?"

"More than ever."