Day Three: Letter to your Parents

Oh I seriously hope my account on Wattpad is never discovered, because, honestly? I barely tell my friends everything I'm feeling or whatever, but I sure as heck don't tell my parents anything. Half the time they don't even know when I'm sick. Yeah, me and my parents? We're not the closest, but I still love them obviously, so here is my letter to them :)

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm sorry I'm such a pain sometimes, I know I can be annoying and forgetful. I know that half the time I forget to do the things you tell me to, and I'm sure that annoys the heck out of you. I still surprised, however, that you have to get my complete and total undivided attention before telling me something in order for me to remember to do it. Then when I have no idea whats going on or if we're supposed to go somewhere that day, I'll get mad at you because I don't remember you telling me about it. I'm sorry for that, I know it's not your fault, and it's just my lack of being able to pay attention to people when they're talking to me. I don't know how you put up with me, I sure would've wanted to throw me out on the streets long ago.

Dad, I cant help but feel like I disappoint you sometimes - but maybe that's because feel like disappoint myself too. It's no secret that out of us three kids, you probably get mad at me the easiest and most frequently. I'm grateful that I can have a dad as smart as you though, and you're able to help me with my math because that seems to be the one subject I cant get on my own. I'm supposed to be one of the "smart" people in my grade, but there's ten of us, do you really think we all deserve it? You should know firsthand that I don't, all those nights with me getting frustrated and yelling at you when you tried to help me. I'm sorry for that too. I probably get mad at you just as much as you get mad at me. I still love you though, and I'm sorry for never being that grateful, even when I know all the stress you're going through at work and everything, I'm sorry for making it worse.

Mom, I'm sorry for not talking about everything with you, especially when I run upstairs crying, without giving you an explanation. We're not as close as you'd probably want us to be, and I'm sorry, I just don't like talking about feelings and stuff. I'm not sure if dad ever tells you what he gets mad at me for, or if you're still just wondering because I ignore you when you try to get me to talk. I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry for probably being the one you spend the most money on, with my lack of admiration for things on the clearance rack and instead being drawn to probably the most expensive clothes at the store. Then of course there's school activites and cheerleading uniforms and new gym clothes and new dance shoes and of course dance lessons, and me wanting go to two different dance studios this year. I'm sure it all adds up to be a lot, especially if I do go to the new studio, more costumes, more shoes, more hairspray. Just more. Thank you for all of it, and I'm surprised you don't say no to some of it.

Overall, I just want to say thanks and I love you both.

Your daughter,  

Lydia

P.S. It would be really nice if I could actually get a door with a LOCK on it.