Chapter 10

HI! Sorry for the long delay guys; But thank you so much to my wonerful readers. You're all AMAZING. Thank you for the support, your comments make my day! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I'm gonna go watch Straight To DVD now ♥ okay bye loves! YOU ROCK! ♥♥

xx

________________________________________________________---

No one really said anything as Alex sat down between Jack and John. I didn't dare meet his gaze but I just picked at my french fries.

"Hey...Alex," Rian said making it less awkward. Alex looked up and gave a small wave and looked back down.

I stood up, "I'm gonna go out to the car I forgot something in there anyway," I said excusing myself. I went outside and took a deep breath. Alex would not mess with my head, I wouldn't let him.

I turned around to see Alex himself standing there giving me a heart attack.

"What are you doing?" I asked calmly as he stood against the wall.

He took a breath before answering. "Why didn't you answer my calls or texts?" he demanded.

I ignored him walking away. He kept up grabbing my wrist and turning me around. "Sarah, I texted you everyday for weeks, I called you, I deserve some answers to why you've been a bitch and ignoring me," he said.

I knew as soon as he said it he regretted it because he knows how I feel about name-calling. "Sarah I didn't-" he started.

I cut him off, "No Alex, you're right you need some answers. I went to a treatment center Alex. I went for my cutting and anxiety. Remember that? Yeah, I got help don't worry, no thanks to you. So I'm so terribly sorry I didn't return your calls seeing as I didn't have my cell phone. I guess I'm just too much of a bitch," I said getting in my car and driving away.

Alex had called after me but I didn't care one bit. I went home and leaped into my bed pulling the sheets over my head. Then I just sat there, facedown in my pillow crying. For the first time in a long time, I broke down.

_______________________________

I sat in my room with Tay as we flipped through channels on my TV. We finally settled on one of my favorite movies It's Kind Of A Funny Story

Suddenly, my phone began buzzing and I looked down. The caller ID showed Shane. I smiled before answering it. 

"Hey! You got out!" I said happily. I heard his soft chuckle on the other end. 

"Yeah, just an hour ago. How are you?" he asked, his accent making me melt.

"Oh you know, alright. Hanging in there," I said. I could feel the smile on his face through the phone. He was too adorable.

"Good, I'm glad. Listen, I'll be around your area tomorrow, do you want to grab some coffee at around noon?" he asked.

"Of course! Sounds like a plan," I said smiling.

"Good! So I'll meet you at Starbucks on the corner of South Broadway and Thames then?" he asked.

"See you then! Bye Shane," I said.

"Bye Sar," he said. I hung up and Tay stared suspiciously at me. I blushed and looked away. 

"Who is Shane?" she asked teasing me. I shoved her playfully. 

"Just a friend!" I said smiling widely. 

"Oooh a friend?" she questioned. I stuck my tongue out at her.

"I hope he knows you're leaving for tour soon!" she said. I stopped in my tracks. 

"Tay I'm not sure I'm going yet..." I trailed off.

"You need to come on tour!" Tay whined as I sat down on my bed. I grabbed a couple skittles and rolled my eyes.

"Tay I just can't. I'd feel awkward..." I said looking down. She sat next to me and put an arm around me for comfort.

"Come on! I can't be stuck with all the guys, I need some female relief!" she said. I laughed, Tay really was my best friend and all but I just didn't know if I could do this.

I thought it over, "Alright I'll think about it okay?" I said.

"Yay!" she yelled squeezing me.

I laughed, "You're such a dork," I said.

Just then the doorbell rang, "Be right back," I said.

I opened the door and there stood Alex. "Hey," he said. That's all.

"Hi..." I trailed off.

"I'm just...looking for Rian," he said.

"He's out with Cass, I thought you knew that," I replied shortly. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, I uh..."

"Alex whatever it is can you just spit it out?" I pressed.

"Can I borrow Rian's tour packet?" he asked.

I sighed, I knew that's not what he wanted to talk about but I nodded getting the papers and throwing them at him.

"Thanks..listen Sarah about calling you a...bitch. I didn't mean it and I'm truly sorry," he said.

"It's okay," I said with no emotion.

He looked worried and kept going. "I mean it, I shouldn't have done it. I didn't know you were...where you were. Are you okay..? I mean from going to there and all," he asked awkwardly.

I knew he cared and was being nice by asking but I was just sick of everything at the moment.

"I'm fine. That's why I went, to get better. And now I'm better," I said.

He nodded, "Well if you...you know need anything, I'm here," he said. I nodded again.

He turned around and left as I sat on the stairs and sighed putting my head in my hands.

Why was life so damn confusing?