Chapter 7

soooooo... Hey everyone! i really do apologize for the long wait for such a short chapter on the last one! i had a bit of writer's block so i decided to backtrack a wee bit and give what ashlynn felt on everything. but hey! this one is 5 pages on Word so it should be moderately adequate.

I know this is a big jump, but you guys surpassed my last minimum by A LOT the day after i posted the last chap, so its a bit more.

by the way, i know that there was a lot of confusion on the last chapter with Jenna's age, so i added a note to the bottom to explain it all.

I'm asking for 25 votes/comments/new fans, but i have faith in you guys, plus

I'M NUMBER LIKE 57 ON THE WHAT'S HOT LIST!!! WOOT!!! so i think you guys can handle it... ;P

Recap:

Ashlynn POV:

"N-O!!!" I heard my baby yell. It made me happy thinking that he hated her just as much as I did. They continued yelling for a few minutes, and I had managed to worm my way through to the second row.

A little freshman weasel made her way through the crowd, and stopped their fighting, managing to push me back a couple rows in the process.

"Um... Jenna? Headmistress Griffin wants to see both you and... him in her office immediately." That stupid freshie! My Joshie was winning and she stopped them.

My face turned into a frown when Josh and Jenna left for the Headmistress's office. Hopefully Jenna got what she deserved. I was tired of her and her prissy fat butt getting whatever she wanted! I mean, come on! What sophomore gets a room on the senior level?

Chappie 7!

Jenna POV

I walked back to my room in a daze; I didn't know whether or not Josh had followed me. 'The Headmistress is right' kept repeating itself in my head.

I had failed myself, but, more importantly, I had failed her.

~

When Josh and I were back in our room, I walked over to my dresser to grab my iPod Touch (32G in case you're wondering). I plopped down on my bed in the corner and saw Josh standing in the doorway, staring at me.

"Just go finish putting away your clothing, and I'll do my homework. Just don't talk; I need to get this done tonight. That means no interruptions." As I finished I put in my ear buds, should I put them in it almost guarantees silence. But, no, Josh just had to start talking.

"Okay, so are you bipolar, or what? One minute you're yelling at me to get out of your room, and the next telling me to put away my crap in the closet! What the H*** is your current emotion?!?!?" Oh he did not just do that!

"Okay, let me explain this, and don't you dare interrupt me or I'll start yelling again and we'll have a repeat.

"I am the #1 student at this school. I never get in trouble, always early to my classes. Do you see this homework I'm trying to start? This is for next Monday; my homework for this week was finished last week." I set down my homework after gesturing to it. "The girl who you have seen these past few hours isn't me.

"The real me is... always on top of things, never raises her voice-unless it's at Ashlynn. I never yell at someone and argue with them over something as STUPID as a room and bed. That just isn't me. So you might want to get used to me now, because I'm only ever practicing volleyball or basketball, studying or reading. Occasionally I tutor people but that's for only about an hour a day at the most. So, If you'll excuse me, I have homework that needs to be finished."

With a chilly stare I turned away from him, noticing his stunned countenance.

/\ \\ \\ \\ \/

Josh POV

I was stunned. Simply stunned.

She really did all this...stuff? She never just went and did something, I dunno, spontaneous? Out of the ordinary, maybe? With my mind reeling, I took my clothes to the dresser and closet to put them away.

I still couldn't get over what she said, I mean, did she ever act like a real teenager? Did she even know how to?

~

When I was done I looked back at my clothes. Sheer boredom had led me to rearrange my closet several times, and I had finally ended up with my clothes arranged by season, how often I wear it, type, and finally color. My iPod Touch had somehow managed to end up in one of the boxes my mother was sending, so I had to resort to using my emergency iPod Shuffle just so that the silence Jenna had created wouldn't suffocate me. Life's great, ain't it. Do please note the heavy sarcasm.

-We will!

HEY! When did you get back!!! NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE!

-Oh, soooooo sorry. I thought that there weren't any denizens (A/N its one of our vocab words! It basically means inhabitant btw) in your brains.

THERE ARE! YOU ARE TALKING TO HIM!

-Dude, that's my point. To dumb it down for you, I'm saying you have no brain!

Really? If I have no brain then how am I talking to you, huh?

-You do realize that you're talking to a voice in your head, right?

Just shut up!

-Nope! Imma be yous buddeh fo-EVAH! (A/N just read it how it sounds XP)

Fine, do what ever you want. Sadly, talking to you is the most fun I can have right now. That is, until Miss Pouty Brainiac over there decides to pop out of her little "homework world" that she's created.

-Wow. You realize it's really bad that you're taking enjoyment from talking to a person in your head that you created? That it's sad, pathetic, dismal, pitiable, feeble of you, dull, depressing, cheerless, heartbreaking, heart-wrenching, distressing-

Okay! I get the point! I'm a sad, pathetic looser that is a disgrace to the world. Happy?

-Only a little, I'm still a part of you so I feel your pain.

You do realize that you sound like a pathetic Dr. Phil re-run?

-Oh, shut up, you! Do you want my help, or not!

Help with what? What could you have that I don't? Aren't you a 'part of me'?

-That is beside the point. Listen, cheer up Jenna and the year might not be so horrible. You could actually enjoy being the only guy at a girl's boarding school. Think about it; picture it. Now color that with the thought of Jenna being all sulky and, to be honest, nerdy in your space.

Wow, just... wow.

-Not something you want, eh? So for your own voyeuristic satisfaction, cheer her up! Got it!

"Yes sir," I mumbled underneath my breath, but Jenna didn't notice. Because of those da** headphones. Well, if I had to go without my iTouch, then so did she.

/\ \\ \\ \\ \/