Part 9: Hell Hole Trouble?

Paul's POV

The weekend was over and it was time to go back to school. I didn't mind. Tanner on the other hand did. I wake up in morning and take a shower. Tanner had gone home last night so he was ready for school. I get dresses and grab all my stuff and walk out the door. I see Tanner and his buddy Connor, who I never liked, but if he makes Tanner happy I'm okay with it. Tanner smiles at me and I smile back. I walk to Woods house and then we walk to Gunners house. We get to school at our normal time, witch is before everyone else. I go to my locker and see that Tanners stuff was n the top shelf and mine was on the bottom. "Hes so nice" I think to myself. Just as im about to walk into the classroom, I trip over someones foot. Of course its Connor . "Watch were your going loser" He says. Then Tanner walks over  to me and helps me pick my stuff up and whispers "Are you ok?". I nod my head slightly. Tanner walk over to Connor. "Why are you helping him, hes such a loser" Connor says looking at me. "Well that "loser" is my friend, and has been since 1st grade" Tanner says turning around and smiling at me. "Wow, I thought you were better than this Tanner" Connor says. Tanner walks into the classroom telling me to follow him. He sits in the back and I sit in the front. All i could think about was how Tanner stood up for me and lost one of his good friends for me. Does he really like me that much? I was snapped out of my thought when Tanner sat next to me. "Um, hey whats going on I wasn't paying attention" I say kinda laughing. "The teacher said we could work with people, so I thought I would work with my "friend"" he says laughing. "Oh, ok" I say. Me and Tanner finish the work early and have time to just talk. "So, why  weren't you paying attention, your one of the best kids in the class" he asked. "Oh, I was just thinking" I say. "About?" he asked. "Um,about how you stood up for me and said all that to Connor" I said looking down."Hey I would stand up for you any day" he says smiling. "Thanks" I say just as the bell rings. The rest of the day is basically the same. For some reason all the teachers let us work with partners. For all the classes I didn't have with Tanner, I worked with Woods or Gunner. I was hoping the school year would stay like this. Sadly, it didn't.

Hey Planets , just want to say thank you for reading my second  book. I have been working really hard on this one and the New Best Friend. I hope you like this book. Also wan to give a shout out to my friend. She is writing a book that is similar but not at the same time. You should totally go read it. Her user name is