Chapter 1

You gazed out your new bedroom window, trying to look at the clouds covered by tall buildings. Boxes surrounded your room, you still needed to unpack. You just moved to New Jersey, you use to live in a small town where everybody knew eachother. You honestly wish you could go back. The city was big and noisy. You missed hearing the birds sing in the morning and the crickets at night.

Not like you could rest for a couple of days and settle in. You had school tomorrow, but just not any ordinary school. Dugohills Highschool, a school for young talent. You have to be accepted to attend there. You've been singing since you were 5, as you grew older you developed a talent for it. You never saw it, you hated your voice but your mom loved it. She made you record yourself singing a cover of a song and she sent it out to DHS. Later that week you got accepted, lucky you.

It was every kids dream to attend DHS, but you would rather go to a normal school. Nothing you could do about it now. You got up and unpacked your bed sheet, pillows, and pillow cases. You fixed up your bed and changed into comfortable clothes. You laid on the bed and drifted off to sleep.

Beep beep beep•

You hit your alarm clock and rolled over. You didn't want to go to school today, everything would be new and you hated it.

"(Y/n)" You heard a soft voice say from the door. "You need to get ready, can't be late for your first day!" She sounded so enthusiastic. Of course, you didn't want to disappoint your mother so you got up and got dressed. You read the guidelines for the dress code, no uniforms were enforced so that was a plus. The dress code actually encouraged people to be creative with their clothing, weird but nice.

You grabbed a sweater that was maybe a half a size too big but it has The Smashing Pumpkins logo on it. You dug in the boxes for your black jeans, ripped at the knees and your left thigh. You decided to go with your black and white converse today. Lastly, you straightened your hair, grabbed your backpack, and went down stairs.

"Morning mom" you greeted, going next to her and kissing her cheek before getting an apple. You're really close to your mom, ever since your dad left she did everything to make sure you were happy.

"Goodmorning (y/n)" she replied giving you a smile. "The school is a block away, you can walk if you want or you can wait until I get ready so I can drop you off." She suggested.

"I'll walk, see you later mom. Love you" you said before exiting the house. You didn't want to he a burden to her so you decided to walk. A block wouldn't kill you, right?

You were staring at the school from the sidewalk, you could see people walking in and others outside strumming their guitar or playing piano, just doing a bunch of musical shit. It made you feel intimidated, what if you weren't good enough? You got snapped out of your thoughts by 2 voices.

"Hello? Earth to stranger, you there?" One boy said.

"What if she's dead, Pete oh my god Pete she's dead" the other boy said in a worried tone.

"I'm fine, sorry I was in a daze"

"It's okay, no need to apologize madam. Can we get your name?" The boy with black hair asked with a huge grin.

"I'm (y/f/n)" You replied giving a half smile.

"That's a nice name" the boy with blonde hair and glasses interrupted. "I'm Patrick Stump and that's Pete Wentz" he went on, gesturing to the boy next to him.

"You're new?" Pete asked

"Yeah, i just moved here from (h/t)" You scratched the back of your neck.

"Oooo exciting, whatcha do?" Patrick grinned. You gave a confused look.

"C'mon, we're all here for some talent. I sing and Pete is a beast at the bass." He gestured towards Pete.

"I sing too, I'm not that good at it though" you kicked the ground.

"I call bullshit" Pete half yelled while pointing at me. "If you weren't good you wouldn't be here." He smiled.

"Fine, i guess I can-"

"Don't guess, believe" Patrick interrupted while doing jazz hands. You giggled in return.

"Well, we should get going to class. They're pretty strict when it comes to attendance" Pete suggested while walking away.

"Bye (y/n)" they both waved and got lost in the crowed.

You stood there for a while and when you got the guts you began to walk inside. You checked the time and saw you had 10 minutes before class started so you picked up the pace. Your class was on the 3rd floor and elevators weren't a thing at this school.

When you got to the third floor, you took time to catch your breath. Stairs weren't your thing, they sucked. You rushed a bit but you suddenly ran into a pole. Scratch that, a person. He was pale and had black shoulder lenght hair. He was wearing a black button up with a red tie and dark jeans.

"S-sorry" you stuttered, collecting yourself.

"Watch it next time ye-" the boy stopped mid sentence when he looked up and saw you. He stared for a second before clearing his throat.

"My bad, my bad. I'm Gerard, Gerard Way." He said extending his arm for a handshake.

"I'm (y/f/n)" You replied, shaking his hand.

He gave you a smirk and suddenly pulled you close to him.

"Better hurry off to class now" he whispered in your ear before releasing you. You felt your cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he walked past you. You just carried on and made it to your class on time.

You already made 2 friends and maybe a potential 3rd one? Maybe this new school won't be that bad.