TWO+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song----------------------}

TWO+

Rosemary pulls on her bunny mask and pulls her hood up over it tightening it. She’s found another victim and he is perfect. At first she thought he was him but he isn’t. His eyes are blue instead of the murky brown of him but the hair color and the build are the same. She knows he’ll be perfect so here she sits in a tree outside of his house waiting for the lights to be turned off.

No one sees her up here and she likes that.

The power of seeing everyone and no one seeing her is an addictive feeling.

She settles into the tree a bit preparing for a long wait but a woman shrieking cuts off this thought. Rosemary now Bunny, has her curiosity peaked and climbs down the tree as she walks without haste towards the house. She peeks though the front window of the run down house and sees the man she’s come to kill beating a younger man. The man looks to be around her age and through fairly muscular he does nothing as the man kicks him in the stomach repeatedly. The shrieking woman watches the scene; her own face battered and bruised with tears rolling down her cheeks but does nothing.

Bunny decides she’s had enough of the sight for now. Pulling her hatchet from her backpack she walks to the door and is amused to find it unlocked. Smirking she simply walk in, not saying a word and simply observing from her closer point of view. When the man doesn’t stop his assault on the younger man she uses her hatchet to push over a lamp next to the doorway making all three people freeze.

With all eyes on her Bunny smirks under her mask, knowing they can’t see it. The man is panting and wipes his mouth with a grin as he looks at her with amusement. He’s about a foot taller and some inches taller then her but Bunny feels no fear. Bunny feels nothing but bloodlust.

“This your friend, Levi?” the man ask the boy on the floor pushing the boys face into the floor with his foot.

The boy, Levi, grits his teeth but answers, “No.”

“Well then.” He sighs looking at her with a sneer, “Get the fuck out of my fucking house, freak!”

Bunny grins under her mask and catches the hatchet in her hand as she swings it into the other hand. She’ll enjoy this kill more than the others. He’s perfect. Bunny shakes her head and produces a card for him to read. She gives it to the woman beside him and she takes it with shaky hands.

“Well what the hell does it say?” The man demands from the shaky beaten woman.

She whimpers and reads, “You were naughty.”

The man scoffs, “What the fuck does that—“

Bunny springs to action them and swings the hatchet head into the side of his knee while his attention is on the woman. She can’t help the glee she feels as she sees the shock in his face as he falls to knees before screaming in pain. Turning the hatchet around she uses the end of it to slam into his face making blood gush out of it.

She then uses her steel-toed boot to kick him back onto his ass making the room shake from his weight hitting the floor.

Bunny pulls out a zip-tie from her hoodie pocket and uses it to tie his hands together. Suddenly she’s pushed from behind by something making her fall over so Bunny lands mask first on the carpet. She turns to see the battered woman trying to get the zip-ties off the man but Bunny won’t have that. Grabbing the woman by the hair Bunny makes her shriek in pain before throwing her across the room. The man is still sobbing in pain on the floor but is trying to get up.