EPILOGUE+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------}

EPILOGUE+

The landscape whizzes past Rosemary’s vision as the greyhound bus moves down the roadway. They’re about two towns away from Lincoln Falls but already Levi is asleep on her shoulder. She finds she likes how comfortable he is with her despite what she admitted to doing to his mom. She doesn’t feel bad about it she just didn’t want to have him to distance himself from her because that would just piss her off.

“Where are we going?” Levi asks with a cracking voice.

Rosemary smiles at him a little, “Wherever sounds nice to you.”

“What do you mean?”

“You can pick where we can settle for a bit.”

“For a bit?”

Rosemary rolls her eyes, “We can’t stay anywhere too long, Levi. I have needs that have to be met and sticking around isn’t good for people like me.”

“You said you’d think of stopping.” Levi frowns.

“I did think about it.” She lies.

“And?”

“No.”

“Why not?” He demands.

Rosemary narrows her eyes at his tone, “Are we really going to talk about this now? I told you that I can’t function without do it. I thought you understood that. Am I wrong?”

“No, I just…I want to have a future with you.”

Rosemary moves a stray black lock from his eye, “And you will.”

“I just don’t want to see you hurt.”

“You won’t.” She says with an eye roll, “You love me right?”

“Of course I do!”

“And I think I love you. I don’t know how this whole love thing works but I do know that I care about you a lot. You are mine, Levi and I’m not going to give that or you up for anything.”

He grabs the back of her head and drags her down for a heated but fairly chaste kiss before pulling back looking a little dazed. Rosemary smiles down at him before laying her head on top of his on her shoulder, she finds she likes this…gentleness. With Levi she finds she wants to be gentle with him as long as he stays with her willingly.

“I read a poem once that reminds me of this.” Rosemary says against his hair, “Do you want to hear it?”

“Sure.”

“The woods are lonely dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

And miles to go before I sleep.”

Levi smiles up at her, “That’s only the end of the poem.”

“Is it?” she smirks back.

“Yeah. It’s ‘Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening’ by Robert Frost.”

Rosemary quirks a brow, “Smarty pants are you?”

“Yes.” He grins, “So why do you like that part?”

“Because it’s the end but it hints at a future.”

“A future?”

“Yes.”

“Even for the dark lonely woods?” He teases.

Rosemary grins at him, “Not so lonely with the snow to keep it company.”

“I love you, Rose.”

“I know you do, Levi.”

“And I know you love me.” He whispers making her shiver.

She lowers her lips to his ear, “Do you promise to keep me company, Levi?”

“Always.”

“No matter what?”

“To hell and back, Rose.”

Rosemary kisses the top of his head and closes her eyes oddly content for the first time in a long time. She doesn’t know what will happen in the future but death is always certain. With Bunny always near the surface, a hatchet in her backpack and Levi by her side Rosemary can’t stop the smile that spreads across her face.

The monster won’t fade but with Levi by her side she thinks it may become a little tame. She looks forward to see what that’ll be like.

And with that she closes her eyes to dream of what destruction she can cause in the next town.

THE END.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's short and open ended but it's the end i've decided on. I wanted it to end in happy optimisim. In this story the villian gets the guy and the happily ever after ending. Why? Because my bad ass bunny mask wearing bitch deserves it! You guys can imagine what Levi and Rosemary are up to in the next town. In fact, tell me what you think they're doing now!

-Killing together?

-Has Rosemary stopped killing to go into a normal life with Levi?

-Getting caught?

-An epic Romeo and Juliet death?

Who knows!

I WANNA THANK ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS, VOTED AND COMMENTED! YOU'RE AMAZING! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Until next time....Stay morbid ;}