007

Years have passed. In fact, Cason is now a senior, newly single and on the tip of getting over August. Who he doesn't hate anymore. But the whole love thing is not on his mind and is pretty much blurred between the lines of missing him or hoping he would just hurry up and forget him. He was looking into colleges, being accepted into 4 already and just trying to decide which one he would attend. Gwen was going to NYU, Secret Empire State. Which was the one he was leaning most to, but decided it was best to choose when he was sure? Right now he is working harder than ever. No time for distractions. Even an aunt Annie suggest he attend Empire State University. His average was really high and it is basically in the bag. If they do not accept him, they are stupid. He would major in computer science, most likely a scholarship is underway. Cason stopped calling and texting August, he has never seen his note since junior year and he even finally accepted his attraction. Much to his surprise and pleasure, nobody cared. Not even Diamond, he told him he much rather bully him for being a nerd than something he can relate with. No Diamond was not openly gay, in fact, he did not know what he was, but the only reason Cason knows is that Case caught him.

Long story short the beef between Diamond is over and they are just mutual classmates and nothing more. Cason was too much of a good guy to out him like that and he could not bring himself to allow someone to suffer like that if he did.

"We have about a good 2 months of school left. Have you chosen yet?" Charlie asked, walking up to Cason who rummaged through his locker. Cason peered next to the locker door puking his head to the side to see Charlie on the other side.

Charlie Weiderman is new to Cason and his circle of friends because he is new this year. He is always around and sticks up for Cason against menacing students such as Miles Warren, younger brother of a science teacher, here at the school. Mr. Raymond Warren. Who is very fond of Cason and most who have him, know that Cason is his favorite student. Even if his own brother is right in front of him. Miles is not very interested in school anyways. He passes with hard work just like any other student but he tends to slack off whenever he feels it's safe to risk.

"No, ESU is on top of the list though," Cason said, pulling notebooks and a textbook from his locker and slamming it closed.

Charlie stood with a half-smile as Cason turned to him. "So, I'll catch you later?" Charlie asked.

Cason gave him a lazy salute and twirled on his heel as he began walking to his class in the opposite direction. Cason walked with his chest forward and his head held high. He had much more confidence then he did back then, but he still gets nervous easily and that anxious stutter is rare but still noticeable. Cason changed a lot since he last had any type of relationship with a guy. He was open to it, but it just never happened. He changed a lot about himself. The way he walks, talks, dresses he even stopped wearing glasses.

He was more sure of himself this time around, and more comfortable with how he felt about people. That saying he did not get attached easily. Hee kept his distance and settled things immediately when things got hot between him and another person. He was blunter this time around and if he felt something he took you, and if he noticed you took an interest he said something. Like Charlie, he knows he has a man-crush but he is not bothered by it even though he does not feel the same way.

He was fine with this transition and had always been like that until one day he got an unexpected call, from a number he couldn't recognize.

"Hello?" Cason said answering his phone in between periods. He stood at the sink of the boys' restroom looking into the dirty mirror as he waited for a voice.

"Cason? Is that you?" The voice called from the other line.

Cason had to take a moment of realization. His eyes grew wide and he lowered the phone in his hand looking down at the screen in disbelief. He was feeling joy. Also anger, and shame. He hoped for years that August would reach out and just as he began to forget. There is his voice, something he thought he would never hear again.