006

Weeks passed. With Cason now refusing any contact. Too weak to move on he spent weekends watching movies with his aunt the rest in his room reading, or fixing old tech he finds lying around queens. He spent his days reminiscing the memories they have had, working his way up to move on. Like reading a novel he scrolled through every message between them, when August used to reply.

He remembered his tender breath, that night. How cold hand was when he held it in the shadows of his bed down under. The shakiness of him, how his shoulders bounced when he wept. Exactly how many tears fell. He counted each one. Two. Three. Four. Five. 126 that night. Even the ones he felt as their cheeks met when they greeted lips. How he still cried when they parted lips, his cries blurred in the lines of sadness and joy.

Then they stopped and Cason was paid in return. A kiss burning with passion, August cupped his face in his hands and pressed, like he was sucking the life from him at that very moment his mind went black and all he could hear was the thump of his beating heart.

Then it all stopped, but the butterflies kept flapping their beautiful wings. "What did you feel?" Cason whispered to August laying beside him. Still with his face in the palms of August's. August could not believe what just had happened he couldn't believe he kissed another boy, and he could not believe he liked it.

"Everything."

***

"Cason?" Lucia Graves called. She was sitting in a coffee shop by the window across from the high table with Cason on the other side, lost in his memories. Lucia wiggled her head around trying to catch his attention, completely oblivious to what he was actually worried about. Lucia just though, that was how Cason is. That he has slow moments and was a dreamer who dazed off a lot, but he was actually a lover who missed his mate.

"I-I am here Lucia, I just got lost again," Cason said pressing his hands between his legs swinging his feet like a wonder eyed child.

"What were you dreaming about this time?" She asked taking a sip from her beverage as she waited for an answer.

"Bliss. Like a quiet, peaceful place." He said delivering it, nonchalantly.

It was not a lie, Cason was done with lying. It was just the right amount of information giving an idea but only in small fractures, enough to avoid follow up questions. Ever since his heated argument with Arena, he figured to stray away from actual lies since he was so bad at it. He and Lucia have been close for months now, not together but not just friends either. Lucia was a sweet girl, she had a lot going for her, and Cason has had a crush since forever. He did not want to label her as a rebound to get over August so that is why he decided to just take it slow, and let their relationship sail smoothly to avoid heartbreak. So it was very stress-free, they go on dates often and just like to be in each other's company. There was not much Cason had to do for Lucia anyway, she was a collected and pretty simple girl. Her parents had good jobs and she was very responsible, and too kind most times. All he had to do as her partner was be there. And try not to lie.

"Sounds wonderful. I am glad your head is in the clouds now, rather than in the sand." Lucia said stretching her hand across the table to make contact with Cason. She brushed over his hand and he pulled away. Just in time to flip her over and hold it the correct way.

"I am glad, too. Feels nice to feel okay for once."

The coffee shop went well. They shared stories talked about their day. Believe it or not, gossiped about what was going on in the town, then they split. They finished their drinks, Cason bought Lucia another to go and they spent the rest of their date walking around town freely finding something new to do. Cason had one place, it was far but he had enough to get them where they needed to go, it wasn't very known in fact it was a found location, he found it. It was beautiful by the way. Like a grotto but more urban. Then he decided that was not a place he wanted to waste on something that won't last. No, Cason loved Lucia honestly, but it was not the love he had for August. Though he is working to get that, he does not have the same feeling he had with August that he does with Lucia, maybe soon he will but right now that is his special place and he wants to save it for a special person. Lucia is also older than him, so she will move on soon anyway. He knew it would not last but it is nice while they are living in the present.

"We should just head home, Aunt Annie has a few shifts today. We could watch a movie and order Pizza." Cason offered still holding her hand and looking into her eyes.

"Sounds perfect."