001

August William known as the most wealthy teen in New York was no way near as happy as the fragrance ad had said.

August eyed the billboard with hate. He stood on the sidewalk watchdogs side of a building as pedestrians passed by with his arms folded over his chest.

"This is stupid." He said scowling. "I want them torn down." He told his best friend Cason.

Cason looked up to the side of the building and blocked the sun over his eyes with both hands. "It makes you look good August, as your flying." He tried to support his friend.

August turned pulling his hood back over his head and sunglasses. "It makes me look like something alright."

Cason and August just came from shopping downtown, there was a school dance in a week from now and they needed suits so August offered to buy Cason a suit instead of letting his best mate wear the same black suit he wore to the homecoming dance with Lucia Graves. Which was a pity, because of August's understanding. His best friend never got to dance with his crush Lucia. Family emergency.

"It was really nice of you to do this for me. I know we came here for suits but comforting my other needs was incredibly too kind." Cason worshipped August.

"It was no problem, really I have money to burn and it's never a problem helping my best bud," August said marching with his face down and his hands shoved in his pockets.

The weather was great in NYC, it was warm with a cool soft breeze shifting down the streets.

The boys walked in silence. They walked in sync and while Cason happily carried all the bags, August tried his best not to be spotted by any press lurking. Lately, the paparazzi have been eager for the Smith Hampton family and whatever 'scoop' it was they were looking for. Gerald, Augusts' dad, had caught himself in a scandal. He had a misunderstanding with Smithscorp and it didn't take long for the public to find out. This Incident is one Gerald isn't taking lightly and from what August and Cason could gather, a court order is probably underway soon.

August and Cason stopped as a black limousine pulled to the curb. August stood unimpressed as the driver came to Cason's side and took the shopping bags from Peter.

"Uh, thank you," Cason muttered shyly.

The driver loaded the truck and opened the door. The boys boarded the vehicle and while Cason stuffed his face with the chocolates August had his distressed against his cheek and his arm as a kickstand on the deal of the door window.

He watched and counted the cars as they drive home through the streets. It didn't take long for Cason to sense that August wasn't in a good mood.

"Uh, August?" Cason tried tapping his friend on the shoulder.

August didn't turn to look at Cason, too lost in his thoughts to notice he was trying to grab his attention.

Cason sat back in his seat and mimicked how August reminisced in the window thinking of his own problems he had to deal with when they part ways soon.

"Case?" August called. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?" August asked, unsure of his question.

Cason's eyes opened in surprise and with August now looking him in the eye he shifted in his seat nervously. "Ah, no. Girls make me jumpy, my palms get sweaty and I stumble on my words." Cason rambled.

"Oh, well. What do you think it's like?"

"Meaning?" Cason asked.

"What is it like being with one? I know they have to be more sensitive about things than us, and they care about little things but that's obvious. I mean what do they long for? When they aren't with you?"

Cason played with a piece of string from his sweater and purses his lips. "I don't know, you're going to have to ask Arena," Cason said. He then realized what he said when August returned his gaze to the window.

Cason waved his hands in the air frantically. "Shoot, I didn't mean anything by that I just meant. Do you know? she's a girl and all so she should know. Not that she is lonely, but if she was she would know. Or she could understand from her girlfriends. Not that she has girlfriends just she has girls that are her friends. Or her friends that just happen to be of the female gender."

"Cason!" August stopped him from his rambling. "I know what you meant."

Cason scratched the back of his head nervously. "Heh, sorry about that."

The two laughed it off when they pulled up to Cason's apartment. "Well thanks anyway, wanna hang out tomorrow?" Cason asked.

"Sure."