Chapter 11: Sweet Nothings and Beautiful Beginnings

Learn four new things every day. Something about yourself. Something about the people you love. Something about the world. And something about a stranger.

-Anonymous

Samantha was walking through the hallways leading to Jace's office like she was in cloud nine.

It had exactly been 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, 20 minutes and 19 seconds since Jace confessed that he liked her too.

Wait, Jaced loved her too.

Like was too weak of a word to describe how they felt for each other.

Yes, she was counting.

And she wasn't the least bit ashamed to admit it.

She still couldn't believe it.

It had been a dream, a silent prayer; a farfetched wish that she never thought would come true.

She was sure that whatever the future had in store for her, the moment of Jace telling her he loved her too, would be frozen in her memory forever.

And it would always be the sweetest and happiest moment of her life.

Jace was busy talking with someone on the phone to notice Sam peeking at his door.

Jace: Reg, make sure that the ads will be out in every television network there is, no matter what the demographic. I want it to cater to every market. The rich would want to be seen in this hotel and the middle class would strive to step foot in this place. It would be open to everybody. A dreamer's hotel. You understand me?

Sam just stared at Jace.

This was why she fell in love with him in the first place.

He just exuded authority.

With Jace around, Sam always felt safe and secure. Like everything will be alright.

Not to mention he looked very handsome and masculine.

Nothing beats a man who had a good head above his shoulders.

Jace Teng was about to make another phone call when he saw Sam's violet eyes staring straight at him adorningly.

Just like that, his heart started to pace unevenly.

Since when did he start to feel this way? Jace asked himself.

When had a little sister start to mean something more to him?

Sam is now one of the most important persons to him, along with his family.

He wanted to spend every waking moment with her. A day wouldn't be complete without seeing her.

Jace felt like a school boy looking at his first crush.

Jace: how fair do you think it is that among all the genetic disorders in the world, yours make you more beautiful?

Jace asked Sam, referring to her colored eyes, which was a genetic disorder only lucky people seem to suffer, since it added to beauty and didn't have any disadvantageous effects.

Sam smiled widely.

Every time Jace would be sweet, she would still feel "kilig".

Yeah, she was that shameless in liking him.

She couldn't even understand how she could've NOT talk to him after coming home to the Philippines.

Sam: luck

Jace stood up and gave her a kiss on the lips.

Jace: I missed you very very very much

Sam immediately turned rosy red.