Chapter Fourteen

I was wrong. Oh, I was so wrong. I don't think I've ever felt worse than this. My throat is burning and my head is pounding painfully. I've got a runny nose and even though I blow my nose every 5 minutes, it doesn't seem to go away. Right now, I'm still in my bunk while we're on our way to Sunderland for our next concert there.

Niall probably still thinks I'm sleeping because I can hear him shuffle around on the bus. Anyway, he's not cuddling me and I'm really craving for his body next to mine. I sigh and close my eyes again, wanting to go back to sleep so that I don't have to feel sick.

My body is restless and it's impossible for me to fall asleep again so I roll out of bed and slowly make my way to where Niall is. I find him in the 'living room' area of the bus with Louis, Liam and Zayn. They're watching some kind of tv program but that's the least thing I'm interested in right now. I just want Niall, to be honest. As soon as I shuffle into the room, Niall gets up and wraps me up in a hug.

''Oh, baby, are you still feeling sick?'' he coos at me. I sigh deeply as I nod, and bury my face into his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his waist.

''Do you wanna stay here and cuddle,'' he asks sweetly, pushing some curls out of my face.

''Yeah,'' I croak and follow Niall to the couch.

He sits down and positions me between his legs, my back leaning against his chest. He grabs a blanket from somewhere and throws it over both of us. I lean back and let my head rest on his shoulder as I press the side of my face against his. I feel him wrap my arms around my shoulders, and I melt into his embrace.

''My cuddly bear,'' Niall hums fondly. I blush a bit and smile as I close my eyes, suddenly feeling exhausted.

''Go to sleep, love,'' Niall draws a hand through my hair. ''I'll be here when you wake up.''

I nod and let myself doze off to dreamland.

----

Niall kept his promise and I wake up an hour later with my boyfriend still wrapped around me. I pull my blanket to my chin and slowly open my eyes. As soon as Niall notices I'm awake he kisses my cheek and runs a hand through my hair. He's been such a great boyfriend the last few days with me being sick. I know I'm a handfull right now but Niall doesn't seem to be bothered by my clingy attitude while I'm sick.

I still feel like crap, though. It seems like my headache has gotten worse and my stomach feels weird. Suddenly I feel a wave of nauseousness and I spring up from the couch to run to the toilet. I am just in time as I gag and throw up in the toilet in front of me. Niall comes in a few seconds later and holds my hair back as I empty my stomach into the toilet bowl.

''Oh, Haz,'' he rubs my back as I try to catch my breath.

I groan in response and flush the toilet before going over to the sink to brush my teeth to get rid of the disgusting taste in my mouth.

I search for some painkillers in the cabinet above the sink but I end up making a mess because everything seems to work against me today. I sigh frustratedly and angrily push past Niall to get out of the small room.

"Baby, come here," Niall grabs my wrist before I'm able to make it out of the toilet and gives me a warm hug.

"Sorry," I whisper quietly.

"It's alright, lovely," he rubs my back slowly and searches for the painkillers with the other hand. He finds them within a few seconds, unlike me, and fills a glass of water to swallow them down. I quickly swallow the pills and then kiss Niall's cheek as a thank you.

"I feel so horrible, I could like, cry," I chuckle when I say it but it's actually the truth.

He just smiles apologetically at me but I don't have the energy to smile back. He takes my hand again and leads me back to the couch. I start shivering suddenly and goosebumps arise on my skin. Niall pulls me down between his legs again and wraps me up in the blanket.