Chapter Ten

''Ni?'' He turns around to face me, his eyes warm and inviting. ''We need to talk.''

He looks at me with a confused and somewhat scared expression.

''Oh, yeah, sure.'' He nods and follows me to the back of the bus. Zayn gives me a smile when I walk past him as he leads the other boys away to the other side of the bus to give us some privacy.

My hands are shaking as I sit down on the couch next to Niall, who is nervously chewing on his thumbnail.

''So,'' I begin. ''I wanted to talk to you.'' My confidence is practically gone and now I actually regret bringing Niall here.

''Yeah.'' He keeps his gaze to the ground.

I clear my throat and contemplate whether I should run or stay here and tell Niall about my feelings. Running away seems much more pleasant. But I take a deep breath and muster up all my courage before opening my mouth again.

''I heard something this morning.'' I stutter out, carefully eyeing Niall's reaction.

''Oh.'' He swallows visibly. He seems terrified. ''What was it about?''

''Well.'' I feel like my heart is about to beat out of my chest. I clear my throat again. ''Zayn-''

''What did he tell you?'' Niall cuts me off and looks at me with a distressed expression. His cheeks are colored red and his eyes are open wide. ''Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Harry. I wanted to tell you myself but I just couldn't find the right time and I didn't want to ruin our friendship and now it's going to be so awkward but I can't help but feel this way for you,'' he rambled on. I am too dumbstruck to say anything.

''Wait wait,'' I stop him from saying anymore. ''Are you saying that you have feelings for me?''

''Didn't Zayn tell you that?'' I notice his hands shaking as he plays with his fingers.

''Zayn didn't tell me anything,'' I say slowly.

''Oh god... I'm sorry. You're probably so freaked out right now.'' He puts his head in his hands and presses the palms of his hands against his eyes.

''You mean... you like me?'' I still can't believe it. He actually likes me back.

''Yes and I'm sorry!'' He says, his voice sounding frustrated.

''Niall.'' I can't contain my smile anymore. ''Niall, I like you back,'' I say softly, hesitantly putting my hand on his back.

He raises his head from his hands and looks at me. ''What?''

''I've been crushing on you for a few weeks now. And probably even before that but I just didn't realise it.'' I shrug a bit and avoid his eyes, my cheeks burning red with a blush.

''Are you serious now?'' he asks me, his eyes full of hope.

I nod and grin widely, letting out a relieved breath.

"So, you mean... we could be together?" he says softly as he looks me straight in the eye.

"Well, if you want," I say carefully.

"If you want it too..." Niall drew back a bit, probably not wanting to push too much.

I didn't answer but slowly moved closer. I wet my lips and force my heartbeat to go slower.

"If that means that I'll get to kiss you." My voice trembles in anticipation.

"Yeah," he breathes out, his eyes locked with mine.

And then my lips touch his, my eyes slipping closed. An euphoric feeling erupts in my tummy as my hands search for his body to hold onto. I grip at his tshirt as my lips move over his.