Rainbow Bar.

I’ve been staying at Mike’s for almost 6 weeks now. During this time a lot of things have actually changed. My ‘dad’ has not tried to talk to me again, it’s been 3 weeks or so, I suppose. Also, I’ve been trying to avoid Sean as much as I can. Not the casual avoidance just to not get bullied, I wasn’t really afraid of that anymore. I was really afraid of meeting the nice Sean I met that night.

“I don’t want to hurt girls anymore Scarlett.” These were exactly his words, the night he had saved me not once, but twice. The first time he saved me from being crushed from a car (totally my bad) and the second time he saved me from being raped from one of his idiot friends.

He actually tried to talk to me once, back to his old pricky self. After he got on my nerves, when he was just about to leave, the thing I was hoping not to happen, unfortunately happened.

“Are you done with cutting? Are your cuts healed?” He had asked about me cutting once again. It was pretty weird of him actually in some kind of way caring about me cutting, according to the fact that he had been my main source of the reasons to cut for several years.

Two days after that happened I did get the opportunity to finally know the reason why he was so interested on knowing if I was still cutting or not. It hadn’t to do anything with me. Actually it had to do with Sean. Apparently, three or four years ago Sean used to cut himself as well. That explains why his arms are covered in tattoos. According to the conversation I had heard between him and his sister months ago, I thought it had something to do with his father passing away.

I remember what Sean was like before he changed, in a bad way. Sean used to be one of the nicest kids I have ever known but after things began to move and his family life got everyday worse, he became a real rebel. At the age of 10 he started skipping classes and by the age of 12 he was my biggest bully. Some people even said he tried drugs at the age of 14 and got laid one year later but I don’t really know how much of that is true.

But anyway, after the little talk we had, like 1 month ago I guess, we did not talk anymore, which was a good thing for me. Every time we seemed to go in the same way he would change directions, and it actually made things much easier for me. I was still afraid of him even thought he had been nicer the few times we had talked. I still hated him even thought he had saved my life twice.

As for me and Michael, I must admit that we are the cutest couple in “Rockwood High”, or maybe in the whole city. Okay, so, it’s not like we were one of those cheesy couples with whom you were afraid to stay with. Actually, people said it was nice staying with us. Yeah, that’s right, people. Ever since Michael and I got official I had gained some friends. There was Isabelle, Mark, Sharon, Ashton and of course Connor.

Isabelle was the oldest of our group, 20. She had missed 2 years of school because she had had some health problems. Her brown curly hair, green eyes and full lips made her look like a Greek goodness. She was recently daring Ashton, 18 and a half. Blonde curly hair, hazel eyes, twin brother of Mark. And there was Sharon, the youngest. Honestly, Sharon did look a lot like Lucy which made her my favorite. Her brown eyes and hair reminded me of Lucy all the time.

According to what my mother had told me, she had worked things up with ‘dad’ and after living in separate houses for almost two months they’re planning on moving back together and they’re expecting me to do the same. But I’m still not over it. Even though she had raised me I was nothing like my adoptive mom. She could forgive much easier than I could. But if you wanted my forgiveness you really had to give me strong reasons to do that, and he had given me none. All the times he had tried to talk to me he had been stuck on his i-have-done-nothing-to-be-treated-this-way self, which did nothing but made me even angrier.