New Frenemy.

I ran into my house. 

Is there any possible way you can run from everything? When I say everything, I really mean it. Like the school, the family, your past…. 

I tried to go upstairs without getting mom or dad to notice me, finally, success. 

It’s not like I don’t want to spend time with them or something like that, it’s all about this damn shirt and that boy who did this to me. Well, I did it to myself but he had no right to make it worse even though he didn’t know anything. 

I changed my shirt and put my pajamas on. 

“Goodnight!” I yelled.

“Scarlett you’re home?” My mom asked from the living room.

“Yea mom, of course I’m home.” I said

“Okay… Goodnight honey.” – she said.

It’s never a good night but anyway.  

“Don’t you dare doing that again.” – his voice is stuck on my head. I can’t do anything about it.

“You heard me.” – Oh come on! Get outta my head. Please. 

After a hour and a half I still can’t stop about what happened out there. I bet something changed on his baby blue eyes when he saw blood on my sleeves. His voice changed from harsh to soft and warm in a matter of seconds. His face is perfectly memorized. Blue eyes, much brighter than the ones I have. Lucy used to call them shiny diamonds. His full lips had a perfect shape and so did his nose. And then,  his black hair. Blue eyes and black hair, it’s perfect.

He could have been my friend if he wasn’t too cool for that.

Wait what the hell did I just say? Friends? What’s with you Scarlett? What’s this idea of having friends now? You’re stupid , girl.

And finally, after two hours of thinking and regretting every possible thing I did these 4 years I fell asleep. For the first time after so many years I didn't have a dream about Lucy. When I woke up the next morning it was still snowing and freezing cold. I was under the sheets, enjoying the warm feeling, not wanting to get up.

“Scarlett wake up sweetheart! “ I heard my dad behind the door. 

“Oh shit.” I mumbled closing my eyes and yawning. Finally I got up. I wore a pair of black jeans and a green shirt. I went to the kitchen, taking the piece of bread and spreading some Nutella on it. 

“Mom, I have to go.” I said while chewing and opening the door. “See you later, love you dad! “

I didn't want to go to school because probably he would be there and you know what I mean by 'he'. But I didn't want to stay home, I felt weird. Christmas eve, everyone buying presents. Little children who hug their parents, happiness covering their faces. They all look so happy, so free. Meanwhile I'm just an asocial nerdy orphan. I want to get away from here. Lessons hadn't started yet so I sat on a bench in the yard. Everywhere you could se groups of boys and girls talking, planning about throwing parties. I was eye-scanning everyone, wanting to see if he had came today.

“Hey you, little orphan.”

Oh here we go, again.

“I said hey, are you going to talk to me?” I recognized Sean's voice and the others started laughing under their breaths.

“For god's sake, leave me alone.” - I whispered. “What have I done to you?”

“What was that, the asocial little orphan wants to be left alone? So that's how you treat friends?” Another one of them spoke. I turned to face all of them.

YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN MY FRIENDS. AND YOU'LL NEVER BE. WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I DONE TO ALL OF YOU? WHY CAN"T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE? FINE THEN, I'M A BITCH, I'M AN ASOCIAL ORPHAN ARE YOU STATISFIED NOW? LEAVE ME ALONE NOW?”

They stared at me in shock, in a matter of seconds everyone was staring at me. I huffed and walked away, sitting somewhere in the corner, opening my English books. After a few minutes everyone walked in and sat down in different places, and I finally spotted him walking through the door, searching with his eyes for someone. When he saw me it looked like he found the one he was searching for. 

“Mike, come on dude, stop staring at that worthless orphan.” Sean yelled but he just ignored him and sat down behind a girl in my right. Mr. Mikaelson came in and closed the door. Everybody sat down and he finally spoke.

“There are some changes we had to make, each one of you has to stay with someone of the opposite sex, am I clear? Now Michael why don't you sit next to Scarlett? Sean, you go next to Jamie. Come on, move your asses.” he yelled and clapped his hands. Michael, who the fuck is Mich...oh my god don't please. Please I hope it isn't him. Oh please...

“Hey!” Michael said and I could recognize his voice.

“Hi.” I mumbled quietly and started reading, or at least I pretended to.

“Umm so, I forgot my book can we share yours? “

I didn't answer.

“Scarlett?”

“Shut up and leave me alone” I whispered as Mr. Mikaelson started talking. Michael tried to talk to me a lot of times, but I saved my answers for later, which means never. Finally he looked at me, pure anger covering his face.

DAMN IT YOU SCARLETT, ANSWER TO ME.”

“I DON'T WANT TO!” I whisper yelled back.

“Scarlett, Michael, stop disturbing my class.”

“It's his fault!” I said putting my hands up in defense.

“Now stop it. Two hours detention, both of you!”

Fuck it I never had detention before. Michael I hate you, I hate you more than I did before.