Mickey Bear.

Bye ,bye holiday time! Hello school or should I call you hell? I guess hell is even better. Why do I have to get back to school oh come on. I want holidays to last longer. Here's it. The familiar ringtone in my cellphone that wakes me up every morning. I got up yawning. It was raining outside. I took a pair of black tight pants and a green long sleeved shirt. I looked at myself in the mirror. Everything changed so fast, it's incredible. I pulled up the sleeve on my left hand. The scars were healing so fast. I heard my phone ringing once again. It was Michael.

“Hey Mike.” I said while scratching my head.

“Morning sleeping beauty. Want to go to school with me?”

“Sure, but I'm not ready yet. I'll call you later okay?”

“Okay, do I need to come by or...?”

“I don't know, if you want to.”

“Oh okay then. I'll be there in five minutes. Make sure you're dressed up.”

“You pervert.” I sighed as I hung up.

It was the 7th of January. These past days me and Michael had the best of times together. I got dressed quickly and fixed my hair. I took my bag and run downstairs.

“Mom, I'm going to school with Mik...oh hey Mike.” I said and ran to hug him.

“Hey panda!”

“No hugs in the hall. Actually no hugs at all between you two.” My mum said smirking as she was staring at us, standing at the kitchen door. I let out a small laugh and went to kiss her on the cheek.

“Bye mom, see ya. “I said as I threw the bag on my shoulder and went back to Mike.

“Scarlett, but breakfast?”

“I'm not hungry.” I said closing the door behind me. Mike stared at me for a while.

“What?” I asked him confused.

“Nothing.” He replied as we both started walking.

“You can’t lie me Mickey.” I told him as I mock his cheek.

“Well…” He sighed.

“Tell me, for God’s sake!”

“Your mom doesn’t like me, right?” He said and looked at his feet.

“Wait, what? You’re a stupid Teddy-Bear, you know that? My mom thinks you’re the best thing in my life but … well… she’s mom, you know. I’m her only girl, actually she has no kid cause she can’t have one, health problems…. So I’m her everything and she worries a little bit too much. That’s all.” I assured him.

“Oh.” He whispers.

I gave him a small smile. I don’t think that’s everything that disturbs him. I mean, if it was he wouldn’t be that quiet. I already know him well enough to tell there’s something else going on in here. But I’m not asking him. No sir. I mean, I want to, I really, really want to but … well it’s morning and I don’t have the nerves to do a tell-me-everything kind of conversation.

“We’ll talk later, okay?” I said.

“What? Why?” he asked. I could tell he’s really confused, or he’s just acting. I know he’s smart enough to understand what I’m saying.

“You’ll see Mike, you’ll see.” I told him. “Anyway, what classes are you taking this semester?”

“Same ones as the last one, I was pretty sure about what I’ve chosen this year and I won’t change anything. What about you Arlie? Will you be taking the same classes as me once again? “ he said.