A Broken Tie.. That Creates Another

(Sky's POV)

Cloud tripped on his way to the kitchen and whimpered softly. My heart sunk when Storm bent down to Cloud's aid and kissed his forehead. Something his mother would always do. They communicated in the way i could never understand, and ran to the kitchen together hand in hand. What felt like sinking quickly turned to a floating sensation. I looked at the Vicodine on my bathroom counter and sighed. Maybe if i didn't take too many , i wouldn't get too high .

As i lifted five pills to my mouth, my phone rang. In an instant i had it to my ear . And the voice on the other end was very welcome.

"Kevin? Sky, i mean. How are you holding up? I know i'm probably the last person you want to hear from, but still. I felt obligated to call . How are your boys? How old is the littlest one now?"

"Esther."

"What is it ?"

"You just saved my life."

"How did i save you're life? Kevin? Kevin what's going on with you?"

"I almost relapsed Esther. What if i lost my kids? What if my whole fucking world cam crumbling down. This is driving me crazy Esther. I can't stand another day without her touch. Esther, man what am i going to do. You saved me. You saved me. I owe you my life. You saved me."

(Esther's POV)

It was then that i knew why Laylee chose him. He was just as broken as she was. They could fix each other. Listening to this man cry on the other line, makes me think. I never needed Laylee like he does. I'm satisfied with my kids, who remind me of her. Whereas his kids haunt him. He's breaking.

"Kevin. Look. I'm going to fly up there. I'll leave the kids with their nanny, and i'll come over. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah man. Come over. I'll send you a ticket. I'm... Thank you so much. Thank you so much."

"I have an obligation to you. You and I. We're one of the same types of people."

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Let me call you later. Violet can you please pack me a suitcase?"

"Of course."

"Violet?"

"Ill call you later."

"Bye."

I hung up, and sighed. who would have thought that i'd care so much about that man that stole my wife from me?

(Raine's POV)

The voice on the other end was too familiar. I can't be here when he comes back. I have to say bye. I have no choice. He found me. My husband found me.