I Already Have Plans... But I Can Make Space For You

(Laylee's POV)

"So what are you going to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you got all that money. So what are you going to do with it?"

"I never really thought much on it. But i'd like to run away."

"Why runaway? What are you running from?"

"Me. Laylee. Jazmyne. FireBridge High. My past. This city."

"But i mean, why? All of that has become you."

"That's why i don't want to be me."

"I understand where you're coming from. I want to run away too. Become a new person. Change my name, and leave this country; never talking to anyone i left behind. I wish i could. I'm actually saving money."

"Well then let's do it."

"Are you serious?"

"I'll put 50 grand aside, and we'll keep building up money."

"But why would you want to runaway? Especially with me."

"We both want the same thing, Kevin. We both want to fly far, far away from here. So let's do it. Let's leave when the time is right. Let's leave when our cups have flooded. Let do it. Just you and me."

"What would you want your new name to be?"

"You tell me what you want your name to be first."

"I don't know. Angel or Luke. Maybe Sky. I'd have to pick."

"I think you should go with Sky. For the most part the only Sky anyone ever meets is the one above our heads." 

"You have an odd way of looking at things."

"Do i really?"

"I think that that's what i love most about you."

"You love me?"

"I've gotten attached to you. We live in the same apartment building, and you usually end up staying at my place when you're too drunk to use your key. I take care of you when you're sick. I drive you all around the world. And when we, in my case;make love, it's the most wonderful feeling."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah. So, what will your name be?"

"Olive. I think i want my name to be Olive. Or maybe Raine. I like that one better. Sky and Raine. Together forever."

"I guess we will be. I mean, we'll be starting fresh."

"And we'll be starting all over."

"I'm glad that you want to do this."

"Yeah. Me too. Hey, let's go to sleep. I'm exhausted."

I moved closer to Kevin, and nestled my head on his chest. I interwined my fingers with his, and i breathed in his scent. He stroked my hair for a moment, and kissed my forehead. I let his warmth envelope me, and closed my eyes. For just a quick moment, i felt different.

                                                                                _+_

The Next Day- 10:00p.m

(Esther's POV)

I texted Laylee, and told her to meet me up underneath our tree. It took her barely ten minutes to drive up in a Lexus. She stepped out, bent over for a moment, and then turned around. She looked at me and walked slowly my way. After she waved goodbye to the mystery driver of her ride, she'd reached me. She hugged me tightly and smiled 

"I'm glad you changed your mind. It's about time. I do a solid $500 for this round, okay? Sorry, but that's the lowest i'll go."

"I'm not trying to rent you, slut. I'm going to buy you. I'm going to give you 20 grand. I want to buy you for two years."

"That's streching it."

"A year."

"Continue to give me money. The 20 grand will be a down payment."

"Alright."

"Then i'm glad i did business with you."

"Same."

(Laylee's POV)

He smiled. I was surprised that he'd raised up that much money. I looked past his head for a moment and thought about Kevin. I mean, yeah i have plans, but i can make space for Esther. That space will last, at least until i leave. I'd try and love him hard, for as long as i can. It'd be okay right? It'd be fine.