After You Say Yes, You Really Can't Say No...

(Laylee's POV)

I passed my cigarette to Genesis, and took the bottle of Puerto Rican Rum from Debbie. We were sitting up against an abandoned van, looking over my neighborhood's crappy lake. The cigarette butt tasted better with every swipe of liquor. The three of us had just gone back from catering a party. Tommy and his college brothers were heading off to Alabama, and they wanted a goodbye for now party. Obviously, we were they're star gift. I ached. I was tired, and i was shaking so much that Rum kept getting on my shirt.

My head hurt from thinking about my encounter with Esther. It happened three weeks ago yes, but i can't stop feeling him so close to me. I miss him so much. I feel like every second i'm away from him, it gets harder for me to breath. I really do love Esther. I really do.

My girls and i sat counting the clouds to try and hide our shame. We couldn't say no. I mean, we'd said yes so many times before.

                                                                           _+_

(Esther's POV)

For some reason Hunter, Bruce, and Jonas wanted to walk. Of all things to do, they said they wanted to walk until they got somewhere, and walk back. I figured i'd go along for the ride. No harm in doing nothing at all. it was a fresh day, and i needed to clear my head. If i'd kissed Laylee that night, i wouldn't have been able to stop. I just wished i hadn't gotten so close though. Every fiber in my body was telling me to kiss her. Every fiber in my soul was telling me to never let her go.

"So! What's up, Gabe?"

"What type of retarded question is that? I'm right next to you. I'm walking with you. How would you not know what's up?"

"No. He means something else."

"Yeah, what's up with you and Jazmyne?"

"Nothing. I don't associate myself with lowlifes like her."

"But we all were friends. You two were like stuck to each other. Then all of a sudden you dropped her."

"Because all of a sudden everyone was getting into her pants for a certain price."

"Hey don't hate me for it. i take what i can get."

"Yeah i know, and i'm not mad at you at all. You do what you do. If there's anyone for me to be mad at, it would have to be her."

"I guess man. All i know is that you're beyond bothered by her. What's so wrong with it. She does what she does, and that's just her."

"You're right. You're absolutely right. We have nothing to do with each other. But i mean she's like wasted space. Why even come to school. She should just stay on her corner."

"Hey best paying costumers are from school though."

"Yeah. i know."

"Hey if you want us to stop, we will."

"Why would i want you to stop?"

"I don't know man. Just tell us if you want us to stop."

"Yeah."

"Like deadass man. If you say quit, the three of us will."

"It's chill. i don't care that much. I really don't."

"Alright man."

"Only if you say so."

                                                                                 _+_

(Laylee's POV)

"I want to jump into the lake."

"Then why not?"

"Because. Who knows what's in that water."

"What if there's something that will kill us?"

"Well then why not let it kill all three of us?"

"Really? You two will go in with me?"

"Yeah."

"Sure why not."

"Alright let's go."

"I'm going no clothes."

"Then i am too."

"Same here."

We peeled off our clothes, and walked cautiously into the lake holding one another's hands. The water was cold, but felt so refreshing. I dunked my head into the icy liquid, and stayed down for a moment. When i'd pulled my head up once again, Genesis and Debbie were playfully splashing water at each other. Instead of joining in, i started to swim. I let the water cleanse my skin, and i swam. It felt great.

"This was a good idea, wasn't it Jazmyne?"

"It was. This is relaxing."

"Come on Debbie, let's swim with her."

"Okay!"

                                                                      _+_

(Esther's POV)

"Hey Gabe look! Speak of the devil! Look at whose skinny dipping right now?"

"They kind of look like mermaids."

"Nice and sexy."

"Wow. They must have been bored."

"I want to whistle, but they might cry."

"Prostitutes don't cry."