16

Peter had about 4 slices of cheese pizza for dinner. He was starting to eat regularly now, well regular for a kid with his metabolism. It was partly because Clint or Bucky would threaten him about Nat kicking his ass if he didn't, but it was mostly because he was actually hungry.

After dinner it was about 8:00, but the two hours didn't feel that long. All the Avengers like to try and eat dinner all together. They enjoyed to hang out and talk while eating their food. Peter didn't talk much, but he certainly loved hearing all of their conversations.

Whether they told insane stories from their past, argued over something stupid, or just a regular conversation about what they bought at the grocery store, Peter would listen.

So when the conversations ended and people began to depart the table, Peter washed his plate and went to his room.

"Hey Karen," he said while nose diving into his comfortable bed.

"Hello Peter, how was dinner?" She greeted.

"It was good," Peter's voice was muffled. He turned lazily on his back. "Oh shoot, Ned," he forgot about his best friend who was probably lost on what was going on with Peter.

Peter scrambled to get his phone out of his pocket. Once he got it out he went to FaceTime Ned. He picked up after 4 rings.

"Peter!" He exclaimed, his face clearly happy to see his friend.

"Hey Ned. Sorry I haven't called earlier," Peter apologized.

"It's ok. I was worried and all but I'm glad you're ok. Tony told me what was going on."

Peter was confused, "you talked to Tony?"

"Yeah, I came over to the tower to check on you and he's all like 'sorry Ned' and I was like 'did you answer Peter's phone' and he's like 'no' next thing I know I'm in his lab and he tracked your phone through my phone. When I talked to you that one time, he was tracking you," Ned summarized the story for Peter.

Peter was kind of stunned, no one told him about that. He didn't really think about how they found him, he was just happy they did. "Ned! Dude, you saved my life," Peter told him.

"Oh yeah I guess." Ned shrugged then added, "your welcome." He laughed and Peter said his thank you's.

They talked for a long time after that, just about small stuff they liked talking about. Ned told him about how the school got a new shipment of computers and a cool lab they did the other day and how he won't start the LEGO set without him. Peter showed Ned around his room and they both were messing around with Karen for a while.

Neither of them said a word about what recently happened to Peter. Ned knew Peter wouldn't want to talk about it and respected that.

"You should totally come over sometime. I'll show you around and stuff. There's a pool, we can go swimming," Peter said.

"Yeahhhhh that would be awesome," Ned replied.

Then there was a knock at Peter's door and shortly after Tony came in. "Hey kid, it's 11 you should shower and get to bed. You still need lots of rest." Tony inwardly cringed at himself, he already sounded like a dad. Even though Steve told him exactly what to say, he was the one who said it all father-like.

"11 already? Ned we talked for like 3 hours," Peter looked back down at his phone.

"Oops. I should get to sleep too. Goodnight Peter, night Mr. Stark!" He yelled the last part then hung up.

"I like Ned," Tony plainly stated then left the room to leave Peter to do whatever he needed to do.

When Peter stepped out of the warm shower, a wave of tiredness hit him. He swiftly put on his pajamas and hung his wet towel. Peter jumped onto his bed and yawned while shutting his eyes. Soon after he drifted off to sleep.