2

It was already past midnight and Tony couldn't seem to get anything done. He wasn't able to concentrate on what he was doing and it was hard for him to admit to himself that it was because of his worry for Peter.

He threw the piece of machine he was trying to work on to the side and grunted in frustration. "Friday run a background check on Spider-Man," Tony demanded.

"Spider-Man, last seen 2 weeks ago. Most recent duty was stopping a robbery, suspects are in custody. No injuries-" Friday informed but Tony cut in.

"Ok ok do a background check on Peter Parker," Tony was getting antsy.

"Peter Parker, hasn't been to school for the past 2 we- Sir, you have an incoming call from the Queens Hospital. Would you like to answer?" Friday asked.

Tony's heart felt like it stopped, "yes answer it."

"Hello is Tony Stark available?" A kind woman over the phone asked.

"Speaking," he replied, hiding how nervous he was feeling.

"Have you been informed on May Parker's accident?" She questioned.

"No, what? What happened?" He was really concerned now.

"She was in a horrible car accident a few weeks ago and has been in a coma ever since. She was confirmed brain dead a few days ago. Her contact emergency was Peter Parker so he's been with her the whole time. Mr. Parker seems to young, unhealthy, and depressed to make such an important decision so we called the one other person on his emergency contact list," she explained.

Thank god Tony put himself on Peter's emergency contact list.

"What decision?" Tony asked in shock because of the news.

"To take her off of life support sir, she's never going to wake up again," she softly said.

"I'll be there in a few minutes," Tony hung up and got in his car.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Once Tony arrived, he rushed to the front desk. "Where's May Parker's room?"

The woman at the desk held her excitement in that the Tony Stark was standing in front of her because he looked stressed enough. "Before you go the doctors need a word with you."

"That can wait," Tony replied strictly.

"No, I'm sorry Mr. Stark they need to make the decision now."

Tony groaned and turned to see the 2 doctors waiting for him. He walked up to them and waited for them to begin talking. The first doctor gave an apologetic smile and then said, "sorry to have you over so late at night."

Tony nodded, "I was up anyways."

Then the second doctor talked, "I'm sure you've been informed of what's going on. We need you to give the ok about taking May off the life support. You were the only name on her list alive and well to make the choice."

"There's nothing else you can do?" Tony asked for Peter's sake.

"Unfortunately no."

"Look I've got the money for you guys to do whatever just-" the doctor held his hand up for Tony to stop.

"We've gone through even the slightest possibilities on saving her, but we've concluded none of them will work."

There was a pause. "Ok do it," Tony plainly stated. The first doctor nodded.

"Sign here," the first doctor handed him a paper.

Tony signed his name.

"We're sorry for your loss," the second doctor said sadly. Tony ignored it.

"Where's the room?" Tony asked.

"Follow us."

The doctors entered the room and Tony stayed outside. He was afraid of what he might see. He heard the beeping of the machine stop and then he heard Peter...

"Stop. Stop what are you doing?" Peter's voice was uneven. "She's not dead, fix what you did. She's not dead."

Tony knew it was time for him to go in and face Peter. When he entered, Peter didn't even notice him. Tony walked closer to Peter and put his hand on his shoulder. Peter flinched from the contact and looked back to see Tony standing above him.

"Mr. Stark- Mr. Stark help please, please," Peter pleaded with tears streaming while gripping May's limp hand. "Make them st-stop it s-she was going to be fine."

"We should get out of here Peter," Tony said softly.

"Nononono I can't leave her," Peter immediately disagreed and turned back to May. His voice was raspy and shaky and more tears spilled. "I c-can't leave h-her. She's all I have left please help Mr. Stark... help her."

Tony felt like there were daggers in his heart. Seeing such an innocent, always happy and excited boy like Peter go through another loss of his only remaining family member pained him. "I can't help her kid," was all he said.

Peter's sobs and quiet yelling were incredibly harsh. He couldn't stop it either, but he didn't care. The doctors covered May with a sheet and recorded her time of death. Peter couldn't accept what was happening, "wake up aunt May this isn't funny." He wiped his teary cheek on his shoulder.

He reached to pull the sheet down from May's body but Tony tugged him back, "Peter that's not a good idea, let her be."

"Let go of me!" Peter yelled at Tony, but Tony didn't listen. He held on tightly from behind him, his arm across Peter's chest and the other holding Peter's weak arm.

Tony realized then how skinny the kid was. He was light and easy to hold back which was unusual for a kid his age, and for a kid with his abilities. Peter just overall looked horrible. His eyes were red and swollen from tears, but they also had dark circles under them to show how little sleep he was getting. He was also pale, way more than anyone should be.

"Come on kid. It's time for you to leave," Tony said sadly.