1

"Friday call the kid," Tony said while entering the tower's elevator.

"Calling Peter Parker." The annoying ringing of the phone began as Tony waited for Peter to answer. Tony hasn't stayed in very good touch with Peter over the past few weeks, he didn't have a reason not to, but it just never came to him to call the teen.

Tony started to get impatient with the ringing until Peter finally answered.

"Peter, hello." Tony was called in for a mission that he could have easily handled by himself but thought it could be good for Peter to help him with an easier mission.

"Hey Mr. Stark," Peter replied in a weirdly soft voice.

It was odd, he's usually all like, 'mR. StArK hI whAt cAn I dO fOr yoU!' But Tony ignored it, "I need you to help me with a mission, Happy will come pick you up soon."

"I can't Mr. Stark," Peter quickly said.

"Don't tell me you can't because of homework again, do it-" Tony was cut off.

"It's not because of that," a pause, "I just can't."

"Did aunt Hottie say no, because I can change her mind-" Tony was cut off again.

"I said I can't," Peter stated then immediately hung up. Tony's eyebrows furrowed.

"Would you like me to call Peter Parker back sir?" Friday asked.

"No I'll do this myself," Tony stated sternly. Tony walked out of the tower with his suit already forming around him. It bothered him how Peter rejected his offer to go on the mission. The thought ran through his mind as he flew off to where he was called.

——————————————————————————————————————————

When Tony returned with a success, he decided that tonight was a perfect night for him to work in the lab. Every night actually is a perfect night to work in the lab for him. But tonight he had to fix up a few things on his suit.

He went to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat before he locked himself away for the night. Once the elevator doors opened Steve greeted him, "hey Tony, how was the mission?"

"Good. Easy." Tony walked over to the fridge. Bruce and Natasha were watching the News. "They really need to give me something more challenging." Steve subtlety rolled his eyes.

Tony grabbed an apple and made his way back to the elevator until he listened in on the TV,
"-crime rates have been rising lately without our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man..."

"Bruce turn up the volume," Tony demanded.

Bruce did as told. "He's been a no show for about 2 weeks now. What will happened to the city without him? Is he dead?"

"Hey isn't that the kid you-" Steve began.

"Yeah, his name's Peter," Tony said, growing concerned. Peter told Tony it was ok for him to tell the Avengers who he was, he said that he trusted them to keep his secret. He pulled his phone out of his pant pocket and clicked on Peter's number. He got no answer. It was pretty late so he thought the kid might just be asleep. "I'll call him tomorrow," he said to himself while putting his phone away.

Tony left the kitchen to go down into his lab and work the night away once again.