01

I sigh as Cameron and my friends walk pass me entering my house. They came over to hang out and i didn't want company over. Just because i didn't feel like talking or even looking at him. But being the little nice girl, i agreed.

I'm such a dumbo, i swear.

I turned around following them to my living room and forced a fake smile on my face. I didn't wanna show them how i am feeling right now. It would just ruin the whole mood.

"How have you been, Chi?" Dove ask as she sat comfortably on the couch and smiled. I look at Sofia then look back at Dove.

"I have been great, actually. I have been writing songs for my fans. I wanted to let them know the real me and how I'm feeling" I said, avoiding eye contact with Cameron. I knew he was looking at me.

"That's amazing, Anne" Cameron suddenly said. I knew i had to look at him so i turn my head and nodded, "Thanks, it is"

I can tell he knew i didn't wanna talk to him. He's my best friend and he knows everything about me. And how stupid am i to ignore him. He has no idea why.

I look at Dove and my eyes went down to her hands- their hands. Her and Cameron had been holding hands and my eyes went back up to her eyes, and my face full of confusion. Are they a thing?

"She has to know" Thomas said and i look at him.

"Know what?" I asked. I knew he was talking about Dove and Cameron. Booboo was just sitting there watching the whole conversation.

"Me and Dove are dating" Cameron says and i look through his eyes finding if he was really playing or lying but i failed. He was telling the truth.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

"They fell in love" Booboo blurted and after he said that, he face filled with guilt.

"It started last month" Dove says.

My eyes widen, "Last month?!" I look at Cameron, "Cameron, i thought i would be the first to know. I'm your best friend"

"It wasn't my fault"

"Then who's fault?" I asked, looking at everyone else.

"Mines"

My eyes snap at Dove's eyes. "Why? You know I'm his best friend"

"I was scared okay?" She admitted, "I thought you liked him and i didn't wanna get in the way of your relationship with him"

I gulped. "Why would you think that?"

"Because i also thought you liked him" Booboo says. I swear this boy is probally annoyed. I was about to say something but Cameron beat me to it.

"Can we just forget about it and move on? China, I'm sorry for not telling you and i hope you will forgive me. But can we stop talking about this?"

I hold in back tears and nodded, "Sure"

My heart shattered. I was in love with my best friend and he didn't feel the same way. And I'm obviously right because he's got his girlfriend sitting right next to him. I smile hiding back my feelings.

No matter how i tried the last five years to tell him, i failed. I was so in love with him, that i was afraid that i will be rejected. How would you feel if you got rejected by your best friend?

The fact that i fell in love with Cameron shocked me. At first, i don't know how i was feeling. I didn't know it was gonna happen. I guess, everything happens for a reason.

"Can i talk to you?"

I look at Booboo and he was already by my side. He was just sitting next to Sofia and Thomas. I guess i was too lost in my own thoughts. 

I nodded my head and he grabbed my right hand and i followed him. I knew everyone was looking at us and i didn't care.

Apparently, he was leading me to my room. And i wondered while we was walking there. I didn't know why he was going there and i also didn't know what he's gonna talk to me about.

I sat down on my bed and he scooted the chair that was next to my desk, next to my bed. He got a little closer and took a deep breath. He grabbed my hands and i raised an eyebrow, wondering why he's acting like this.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

I didn't know wether to tell him or just lie straight to his face. I mean, I've been doing that for a while now. It's just, in that moment i wanted to tell him so bad. Whatever, I'm just gonna pour it all out.

I tried to hold in back my tears but one tear slowed down my cheek. I look at Booboo. I was finally gonna tell someone and i think i will feel better about it. Maybe. I hope this works.

"I'm in love with Cameron" i finally admitted. 

Booboo looked hurt but replaced it with a look i can't explain. What?

"I don't know what to do and i was finally gonna tell him but...she got in the way and i-i don't wanna ruin things for him" i wipe my tears as they still begin running, "I look at him and he's happy. He really loves her, i can tell. And the way he looks at her. I don't know, B. I just can't anymore. I don't wanna hide this but i have to now"

Booboo grabbed me for a hug and i relaxed in his touch. My cheeks felt his hair and it was so soft. And it also smelled good.

"Everything's gonna be alright" he whispered. He let go of me and grabbed my hands again. "Take a deep a breath and you're gonna feel better"

I did as he told. Breath in out. In out. In out. I'll admit i did feel better. I smiled, "Thanks B"

"You're welcome" he says.

I didn't realise he still was holding my hands. But the look on his eyes got me thinking. It looked like he was yelling to tell me something but his mouth is shut in silence. The look he gave me...

Pain, sadness, Love.

And that night was the night everything changed. Now let's fast foward to present and figure out why everything changed. Keep reading and you'll find out. Turn to the next chapter.

•••••~~~••••~~~••••

my Instagram: doveybrina