Memories of the Past-Memory 8

Memory 8:

"Mummy?" a sweet child's voice called out in almost a whisper. "Mummy? Can you please wake up?" the child whimpered. Of only three years of age, the child was in tears by her mother's unconscious body. "Mummy... what happened?" she cried.

Her elder sister appeared in the doorway, her arms crossed over her chest. "The ambluance is on it's way." her sister stated.

"Where's Daddy?" the young one asked.

The elder one stiffened. "I don't know." she admitted.

"Why is he not here..." the young one gasped. "Why is mummy bleeding?" she was crying now, sobbing as her father came into the room. "Daddy!" She called out, running over to him. The elder sister gave him a glare, daring him to do something bad. The father held onto his youngest child, stroking her hair. "Daddy why is mommy in a pool of red?"

"Because Daddy is a cold, heartless, cruel man," the elder sister spat.

The father stalked towards her. "In my house, you will be grateful!" He bellowed.

"For you murdering my mother!?" the sister laughed, just as the young one burst into a massive fit of tears.

"Mummy said she's sorry Daddy!" she cried. "She just said she's really sorry and she loves us! Don't leave us mummy!" she was screaming, gripping onto her mother tightly.

Blue lights were flashing outside of the house and paramedics burst into the house. "We found her like this." The father hissed to his youngest and she nodded, tears falling from the brim of her eyes and she held onto her father's chest. "Please hurry!" he yelled at the paramedics. "Come on children, let's go." He pulled on them, prying them from their mother, lying unconscious. Her eyes were wide open, her chest bleeding, bloud pouring and unshed tears at the corner of her eyes.

"Sir, we're going to have to question you and your children," a police officer stated, his face darkened when he saw the children.

"Will mummy be okay?" the smaller child asked.

"Of course she will darling," the police officer smiled a fake smile.

Liars, that's what the elder child hated most. She knew her mother was dying, she knew the life that the mother had led would end that night, but she smiled, staying strong for her younger sister. "Let's go out Amy." the elder one smiled.

"Okay Alex," the small child whispered. Holding hands, the sisters left, their father trailing behind. A sinister smirk appeared on his lips as he entered the police car with his children, since they refuse to leave them alone with the mother in the ambulance. "Daddy..." the child whispered.

"Yes, Amy?" the father asked.

"Mummy's going to live..." a blank expression appeared on the father's face. "She was breathing still, only lightly. She told me she loves all of us and she wants us to be happy!" the child exclaimed, gripping onto her sister's hand.