Memories of the Past-Chapter2

Chapter 2:

I wanted to hang up the phone, but I knew I couldn’t, mum would have a hissy fit with me. “I want you to look after Grace for three days, okay?” mum asked.

“Fine,” I groaned. John came up to me and was holding my bag.

“Do you want any food?” he whispered to me.

I nodded. “No house parties.” Mum laughed.

“Like I’d make any friends to throw a party with.” I hissed.

“I’ll speak to you tomorrow,” Mum said. “Okay?”

“Fine,” I said. “See you on Thursday or Wednesday, whenever you’re coming back.” I hung up then, not even caring to say “I love you” back to her, because, honestly, I didn’t. Why should I love someone who only started caring now? I thought to myself. “I want food.” I declared to John.

“I’ll get you something,” John smirked. “Follow my mates, okay?” I nodded and walked off towards them, avoiding the kiss that John intended for me.

“TUNA MAYO!!!” I screamed at him, starting to run off. He grabbed my jacket and pulled me back to him. “What now?” I groaned.

“Take your bag back you lazy git,” he growled.

“Ooh,” I laughed. “Touchy.” I smirked but took my bag from him and placed my phone back in it. He walked off, looking pissed with everyone as he tucked his hands into his trouser pockets. Everyone moved out of his way for him, obviously fearing him. One boy didn’t move in time and John shoved him against the wall.

I walked towards John’s group and stopped a metre away from them. “Who has my uniform?” I asked and the one on the right end held it up. “Gimmee.” I smirked, running over and taking it from him.

“Are you gonna try it on?” one of them asked, smirking slightly.

“Fuck no, I ain’t gonna wear it full stop,” I smirked as his jaw dropped at my attitude.

“Watch your words around us,” another said. “We may end up punching you.”

“Fuck you guys,” I smirked as they lunged for me. “What would John say!?” I yelled and they stopped immediately. It was good that John’s crush on me was so obvious that I didn’t have to think about it, and it gave me control over his group.

“Let’s go,” the only one who didn’t go after me grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

“Fine,” I moaned, walking behind him and another, the other two behind me.

They walked outside through the fire exit and took me to their ‘usual spot’. There was a wall in front of the school’s wall, a small one that was almost like a bench… only… made out of stone… they all sat on it, and I pulled my phone back out again. “Who are you calling now?” one of them asked, the one who threatened me.

“My sister…” I paused, placing the phone to my ear after being certain that I was calling her.

“Hello?” her happy voice said on the other end.

“Hey Grace,” I smiled to myself. “It’s Amy.”

“What do you want?” she asked me.

“Mum rang me earlier,” I said. “She said that she’s going away for a couple of days.”

Grace stayed silent for a few moments, but then took it in. “Why’s she going away?”

She’s going to see our Dad’s friends in prison back in England. “She’s going on a business trip to England, she’ll be back in a few days, either Wednesday or Thursday, she never said.” I said.