Memories of the Past-Chapter 5

My memory had caused a massive headache to arise, therefore John carried me home. I fell asleep in his arms, my arms behind his neck as he carried me bridal style.

I woke up in my room, lying on my bed. I looked to my clock and it was four in the morning. It was quite light outside as the sun was starting to rise, but very slowly. I heard people talking to one another and the television playing. I could hear cheering and jeering coming from downstairs so I assumed that the boys were all still there and watching football.

I sighed, thinking about my elder sister. I opened the drawer to my side and pulled out the picture of me on my sisters back at a fair. I stared at it for a while, smiling and remembering the day.

I lay back down on my bed and remembered my past for an hour and started hearing footsteps on the stairs so I led on my bed again, pretending to sleep.

"So what was it?" John asked, finally coming into my room half an hour of him helping his friends eat dinner and watch TV, then finally kicking them out, leaving only John, Grace and I.

I groaned, pretending to wake up. "What was what?" I hissed.

"What did you remember?" John replied, keeping calm.

"A week before my sixth birthday, my dad put Grace and I in hospital for the first time," I sighed, sitting up as John handed me a hot chocolate.

"Do you want me to stay tonight?" John asked, sitting down on my bed next to me.

"Obviously," I sighed. George lives here... of course I want you here, next to me, for the rest of these days I am without my mum... "Please do."

"Of course," John pulled me into a hug. "I'll do everything if it makes you happy."

"You doing nothing will make me happy," I grinned into his chest, as the tears of my memory came out.

He held onto me tighter. "You're so cute..." he mumbled, stroking my hair.

"Amy!" Kevin yelled up the stairs. "Your mum's on the phone!"

I jumped up. "How did I not hear the phone going!?" I yelled, running down the stairs to Kevin. "Thanks Kevin," I said, grabbing the phone from him. "Hi mum," I sighed down the phone.

"Hello darling, how are you?" she asked, strangely kind.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked, curious as to why she was so happy and uncaring that a boy picked up the phone.

"I'm great darling!" she laughed, but it was suspicious. "What are you-?"

"Mum what's wrong?" I interrupted with a harsh voice.

"Oh nothing darling, I'm just happy that Joe and your father have changed so much, and Billy to of course!" she sounded slightly scared and I could take a guess why.

"They're there, aren't they? Say yes I am having fun darling if it's true, say anything else if it's false." I said coldly.

"Why yes, I am having fun here darling!" she laughed.

"Explain what you've been doing if they are scaring you." I said, still with a harsh voice. My fist was clenched as the other end of the line went quiet.

"You know Amy," Joe's voice came down the end of the phone. "I've really missed you."

"You had better not hurt her," I hissed.

"Don't you worry, little one," Joe said in a serious voice. "I won't do anything to her... As long as you show up here."

My eyes widened. "I can't," I sighed. "The FBI have forbidden me from going near you... if they find out..."