Memories of the Past-Memory 6

Memory 6:

Waking up in the cold bed, after nightmares of the past. I was used to this welcome to the real world. However, I wasn't used to there being screaming going on at three in the morning. I called my elder sister but then heard her voice from the hallway outside of our room. "Take her to the hospital! She's going to give birth!" she was screaming at someone.

"No," my stubborn father, that's who she was screaming at.

"Why not!!?" she screamed.

"Because they'll see the scars on her body and investigate!" Dad screamed.

"SHE'S GOING TO GIVE BIRTH YOU MORON!!!" my sister screamed. "GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL NOW OR I'LL DO IT MYSELF!!!" she stormed into our room and spoke quietly to me. "Use my phone, call an ambulance, say this: 'mummy's going to give birth'."

"Why can't you do it?" I questioned.

"Because he'll kill me," she smiled down at me, hiding something from me. I knew that he abused her and mother, but the look she gave me said that she was hiding something.

"What's wrong?" I finally found the courage to speak up as she went toward the door.

She paused, standing there, hand on the door, head held high. "Protect Grace with all your might, just as I have protected you... Please do that for me..." she was crying.

"But... I'm only four!!!" I screamed. "I can't do that..."

"You're extremely literate," she sighed. "You can confuse him with your words."

"Please don't leave..." I begged.

"But..." she murmured. "I'm sorry, I cannot handle his pain anymore..."

"DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH HIM!!!" I screamed, knowing full well that my dad had left the house. I was crying, the fountain falling from my eyes.

"I'm sorry..." she said, opening the door.

"NO!!!" I screamed in my high pitched childish voice. "You can't leave me alone with him!!!"

"I'm so sorry..." head bowed, my sister ran, as fast as she could, outside of this horrifying house.

(picture of sister on side--->)