[7] These Things

A/N: Sorry i haven't updated, i've been going through some personal shit lately and it fucked with my writing. Anywhore, that doesn't matter. I listened to the album Best Kind Of Mess by Get Scared writing this, and the song Moving really inspired this chapter. Honestly, listen to it while reading. There is a certain girl i talked to recently, and she kinda helped me write this. If she's reading, (which i doubt), i dedicate this to her pretty face. 

-

-

-

I bit my lip, trying to stifle the giggles that I was sure were seconds from erupting. Lonnie was unwillingly stuffed into the backseat of Jesse’s car, his hair disheveled and his clothing haphazardly rumpled. Needless to say, he was pouting big time.

I reached over and ruffled his hair, chuckling softly. He glared at me, snapping his teeth playfully. His face broke out into a radiant smile and he laughed at himself, tears squeezing out of the corners of his eyes. He shook with the force of his laughter and I could hear Mason groaning in exasperation.

Lonnie changed his outward appearance a lot. When I first met him, his hair was black as pitch, and not a week later, it was a soft brown with caramel streaks. He even traded in his contacts for a pair of rectangular glasses with a black rim. It was adorable. He wasn’t as tall as I first thought either, maybe it was just that I was sitting down and he was standing. Now I could tell he was around 5’9”.

Jesse shook his head at Lonnie, who was now rocking back and forth, giggling hysterically.

“Are you SURE he isn’t nutso babe?” he questioned Mason, only half joking.

“I wish I could tell you for sure,” Mason tossed back dryly, “all I know is that he’s an idiot and I have to take care of him.”

Lonnie stopped laughing immediately and straightened up indignantly, “Hey! I resent that!”

“It speaks,” I muttered sarcastically.

Mason exploded laughing and Lonnie glared back and forth between all of us.

“I don’t like any of you,” he concluded before slumping back into his seat dejectedly.

Mason just chuckled and shook his head, while Jesse turned on the music and Ghost Town blasted through the speakers.

I nodded my head to the song and hummed along with the lyrics. I was lost in my own little world when I felt someone’s eyes on me. I turned my head to the side and Lonnie was staring holes in my face.

“Ouch,” I verbalized sarcastically, “thanks for burning craters in my face, asshat. See something you like?”

I cocked my eyebrow at him and he nodded enthusiastically, his eyes bright. I rolled my eyes at his antics and turned my head to look outside the window. Shockingly, I already recognized my neighborhood and we were seconds from reaching my house. I groaned when I saw mom and dad’s cars both in the driveway.

“Dammit,” I muttered under my breath, “fucking great. Just what I needed.”

Lonnie looked at me in confusion, and Jesse saw the cars soon after. He mumbled a curse and slammed his fist on the dash.

“I wasn’t expecting both of them at once,” He groaned, running his hand through his hair, “fantastic.”

Mason murmured soothingly to him and my heart raced. What would mom and dad say when they saw me like this? Fuck, Lonnie was here with us! He would find me out!

“Jesse,” I spoke urgently, “I just want you and Mason to come in with me. Please.”

Jesse looked confused before it dawned on him, and he nodded his head in understanding.