Double Trouble

At SYCO.

"Thats the plan, do you get it?" Simon clasped his hands together, relieved that it was finally going to be over. Two years he had endured, and two years were far more than enough.

The red haired girl nodded.

"Remember. Whatever it takes." He instructed as she walked out of the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the house.

"It doesn't change anything." I whispered as I stared into Harry's honest eyes. Honest as they were, I couldn't deny that it hurt. 

"I'm sorry Niall." He sighed as he stared into my eyes and I could see the hurt from me mirroring in his eyes.

Harry's POV.

Niall stared into my eyes and I felt everything break down. I'd screwed up again. I screwed up all the time. But this.. this was different. This was different from any relationship i'd ever had. 

I could see sadness in his eyes and something took over me. I just wanted to hug him, kiss him, console him, tell him everything was alright and nothing was ever going to tear us apart again. So I leaned down. I think he realized what i was going to do and his eyes widened in shock. He made a small noise of protest before our lips met. It tasted like heaven to me, but something was wrong. Niall was struggling in my arms and I frowned. 

Then I got pushed away and I froze, shock coursing through me.

"I'm sorry Harry. I can't do this. Maybe we need some alone time."

"Are… are you breaking up with me?"

"Maybe. No. I don't know. Lets just make this up as it goes, ok? I need some space to think right now. I'm really confused." He sighed, his blue eyes not focusing on me anymore, staring at the wall behind me.

Hurt. All I could think of was the hurt. 

What was wrong with me? Harry Styles, world renowned flirt. Crying over a guy. I'd never felt this much hurt ever. Not ever. Until now. The pain threatened to rip my heart a part. What was wrong with me? Niall stood up and got out of the room despite it being the middle of the night and I instinctively reached out to grab his hand.

"Please.. Stay."

"I'm sorry, Haz. I truly am. But right now.. I think I need a breather." He muttered before pulling his hand away. The emptiness, the lack of warmth left yet another huge gaping hole in my heart.

Niall's POV.

I sighed as I stormed downstairs, emotions clouding my thoughts. Perhaps i wasn't thinking rationally. Of course i wasn't thinking rationally. I scolded myself over and over in my head. What was worng with me? Why couldn't I just forget that damned kiss and move on with my life? I'd seen that hurt in Harry's green eyes, and regardless of whether i'd ever admit it out loud, it hurt. It hurt to see a loved one in pain. Especially Harry.

I sat down at the small red table in the middle of the kitchen after grabbing a drink in a freezer. That's right Niall, a little voice in my mind said. Drink all your problems away, you coward. Your just simply not brave enough to face up and fix your problems. Instead you drown them in a bottle. 

I ignored that annoying little rational voice in my head and gulped down the beer. It was bitter and I made a slight puking noise.

I heard the shuffling of feet behind me and I turned and a plethora of emotions came.