I'm Just Your...Love Interest

Marshall Lee's POV

"Because...I really like you."

 Oh glob. Oh glob oh glob oh glob. This is totally screwy. Fionna can't like me. She's my best friend. She....she... she's Fionna. She's rough and tough and could kick my buns. How could she LIKE me?

 I scoot away from her a little, try to get a word out. But I can't. Fi's eyes are so hopeful and big and blue and....what do I say to that? I don't know. So I look at her for a moment before I finally choke out, "For reals?"

She nods and smiles big. Oh my jangles. This is so hard. I can't break Fifi's heart. I love her too much. She's like...my bro. She's my buddy. So I have to do it. I can't lead her on. I take a deep breath and say, "Fionna I don't like you that way."

Her face falls. For a minute her only emotion is agony. Then her face becomes a mask of anger. "It's because of Gumball, isn't it? You're a fag, aren't you?"

My mouth drops. Fionna...called me...a fag? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!?! Just as I go to say something, she swings a fist into my mouth. I fall on my butt hard. She pounces on me, throwing punches faster than ever. My whole body is just a big bag of pain.

I kick her off, sending her through the air. She flops into the marshmellows. I shoot into the air right above her. "Fionna! Stop trying to hurt me! You're my best friend!"

Fionna snarls and throws a knife at me. It slices my shoulder and blood starts spilling down my arm. I hiss and grab it, falling back into the meadow. "Fine!" I yell hotly. "You don't have anyone besides me anyways!" With that, I fly away.

As I fly home, the already cloudy day gets worse. Rain falls down from the sky, soaking me to the bone. It mixes in with my tears and flows down my face. I try swiping a hand across my face, but the tears just reappear.

Soon I can't see through the rain and my own tears. I run into a tree and am thrown to the ground. I can't get back into the air, so I try to crawl into the tree. Some squirrels push me back out. It's like they know I shouldn't have shelter because of the awful thing I said to Fionna.

I crawl along the ground until I can't move my arms anymore. I think I'm lying in mud as I finally black out.

                                                                                              ~~~

Gumball's POV

I'm on my way back from the Nut Kingdom when I see him. He's lying face down in a puddle of mud. Glob. He looks so helpless, I say to the driver, "Stop for a moment, please." 

I get out of the carriage and kneel down next to him. My beautiful Marshall Lee, what have you done this time? I scoop him up in my arms, carrying him into the carriage. As we head towards the Candy Kingdom, I hold my precious Marshall Lee in my arms and pray he's alright.