I'm Just Your... Disappointment

Marshall Lee's POV

Gumball and I sit in the waiting room of the candy hospital, impatiently awaiting Doctor Ice Cream to tell us we could see Fionna. Even though she'd tried to kill us all, Bonnibello was still nice enough to treat her after she fainted. If it were me I would've said, "OH GLOB NAW! TAKE HER TO THE LUMPING DUNGEON RIGHT NOW MISTA!" I, however, did not get a say in the matter.

Jerks.

Anyway, we're waiting for a couple hours when finally the Doctor comes out. We both rise to our feet and ask, "Is she okay?" I guess despite the stunt she just pulled, we still love her. Doctor Ice Cream sighs. "Boys, Fionna has alcohol poisoning. How she got a hold of any, I have no idea. But she's getting it all sucked out, so she should be okay." She and Bonnibello exchangnods and the Doctor leaves.

 I sigh. "Gumball, do you think she'll be okay?" My pink prince's shoulders sag and he puts an arm around me, pulls me close. "I don't know, Lee. I hope so." The hopeless look on his beautiful face breaks my heart. I just want to make him feel better.

I turn so he's facing me and move closer to his face. "Let's get out of here, my dear. It's too dreary." Gumball smiles, but then it falls. "No, we should wait for Fionna to wake up."

"Psssh, she's fine. She's sleeping off a drunken episode. We'll be waiting forever if we stay. So let's go." He looks like he's about to say no, so I press my lips to his gently. I pull away just the slightest bit and whisper, "I don't like seeing you sad, my Bonnibello."

His emotions fight for place in his eyes, but he seems hopeful as he looks down at me. "Alright, Lee. Where are we going?"

I think for a moment, then grin evilly. "I know exactly where we should go." With that, I grab his hand and rocket out of the building.

_*_*_*_*

We touch down outside of an abandoned building. It's fairly tall, looks a bit like a warehouse. I know Gumball doesn't know where the glob we are, but I do. And we're gonna have some fun if it kills us. Which, knowing this place, that's a possibility.

I take his hand and pull him inside the one back door. Inside is basically a club paradise. There's a bar in the far back of the building and little tables all around the edges of the main attraction- the dancefloor that's as big as a mountain. Like, legit.

Grinning, I pull Bonnibello to the center of the floor. I grab him and pull him closer. We start to dance to the thumping bass and I can feel it in my empty chest. Soon I don't remember what I'm doing, where I am, when I am, or anything. I certaintly don't remember what we're here to get away from.

As I throw myself into the music I lose track of Gumball, but I'm too far gone to care. That's the beauty of this paradise- the drugs in the air attack your memory so you stay forever. I don't know what I did at any point during my time on the floor, but I bet I had a great time.

Suddenly I feel someone pick me up and toss me over their shoulder. I struggle and shout, "Put me the glob down!" But my kidnapper doesn't pay attention. Soon I feel the cold breeze hit my back and I realize I'm shirtless. I wonder when that happened...then I realize that it's night. This can't be right. It was morning when we went in. How long have I been dancing?

My attacker puts me down and I see that it's Gumball. I smile weakly. "Hey darlin'. What's up?" He just looks at me with a mixture of disbelief, disappointment, and anger. I rub the back of my neck sheepishly. I guess he'd been waiting a while.

"Is that your idea of fun, Marshall?" he asks quietly. "Numbing yourself until you don't remember that your best friend is in the hospital? Is that seriously what you do when you don't like what's happening around you?" I scowl and turn away, blushing. I don't want to admit it, but that is what I do.

Gumball turns around and I can see he's shaking. I put a hand hesitantly on his back. "I'm sorry, Bonnibello. I thought you'd want to forget with me. It's easy, trust me. Painless."

He whips back around and throws me up against the building. His eyes burn with anger and hurt. I don't want to look at his eyes. I try to look away, but he forces me to look back. "How was that painless, Marshall?" he screams. "Do you even know what you did in there?" I bite my lip and shake my head. What did I do?

I can see he's fighting back tears now. "You were all over every single lumping guy in that club, Marshall! EVERY GODDAMN ONE!" He pushes me hard once and backs away. Oh my glob. Oh my lumping glob. Now I know why he's so angry and pained.

My hand reaches for him, but he smacks it away. "No. No, Lee. I...I don't even know what to say now. What were you even thinking in there?" he asks. Glob, he looks so downtrodden. I want him to yell. I want him to be ticked. But I don't want this. I hate this disappointment and resignation.

Tears form in the corners of my eyes but I try to blink them away. "I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry, Bonnibello!" I cry and throw my arms around him. He looks down at me blankly. I see under his mask though. He wants to hug me back. He just doesn't want to hurt himself.

Out of nowhere, I hear my walkie-talkie beep. I grab it and push the button. "Go for the King." When I release the button, I hear Doctor Ice Cream come over the line.

"She's awake, dear."

~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

And that's chapter....uh....whatever this is. Someone tell me in the comments.

So yeah! This took me an hour or two to write, but I think it turned out alright. It was more a tension-causer than anything. It leads up to something, I promise! A cookie to whoever can guess what ;) Anyway, I love yo faces and I'll see you soon! To possibly win a virtual cookie delivered by the Bish Slap Fairy, comment below to guess what happens! BAH

-Sunneh