I'm Just Your...Shoulder To Cry On

Marshall Lee's POV

I wake to a loud clap of thunder, my heart pounding. The room around me looks vaguely familiar in the glow of lightning outside. I make out the silhouette of a desk and a tall dresser. Everything flashes pink and suddenly I know- I'm in Gumball's room.

Next to me Gumball lies sleeping. He isn't wearing a shirt or a crown. He looks utterly peaceful. Ever so quietly, I slip under his outstretched arm, cuddle close to him. He's so warm. I feel so cold next to him. I'm out of place here and I sense it. It weighs me down as I soak up him.

Gumball stirs beside me, his breath hot on the back of my neck. "Lee," he mutters quietly. He clutches me closer and I don't protest. I can't explain it but I need him. This. Us.

I throw a leg over his and pull him as close as possible. I feel us both together, just ourselves. No barriers. But tonight is not a night for passion. This, at least, I realize. I need comfort but I will not get it that way. Not like that, with him. I have too much pride.

"Lee," he prompts louder. "My Lee, what happened?" Suddenly tears burn my eyes and I close them. But one still slips out, heated against my cool skin. "Oh my Marshall." He sits up with me in his arms. And glob it if I don't start soaking his skin with tears.

"Fionna," I gasp through the sobs. "She- fag- and then- fight- tree- hurt- sorry-" Gumball stops me with a kiss. Glob, he's warm. I've missed him. I love him. What would I do without him?

I am so pathetic.

I pull away from the kiss, turn away and lay my cheek on his chest. This isn't how it should be. He should run to me, not the other way around. I hate this vulnerability that's tearing my heart up. I pull away completely and wrap my arms around my now cold waist.

My prince is hurt, I can see it in his eyes. "Lee," he says, reaching for me. But I lean farther away. I don't want this. I don't deserve it. His eyes start to mist. "No, Lee! Don't do this to me! Stop pushing me away!" 

He looks down. His fists clench and I look out the window. "No," he whispers. "I want you. Why can't you just give me this? You're never like this. Let me hold you. Please." My Gumball. He sounds so broken. But he's right. I am so selfish. I can't even give him this? Who do I think I am?

I move into his embrace. He holds me tight, rocks us gently. But I can't focus on his sweetness. I'm not like him. I can't take this...exposure. It scares me. I'm the tough Vampire King, Marshall Lee. I'm not afraid of anything. But one fight with my best friend sends me crying to Bonnibello? No. I don't like this. But I'll give it to him. It's all I've got to give tonight. I will give him my body and hope he doesn't ask for my heart.

****

The next morning we wake to the sounds of Fionna drunkenly trashing the Candy Kingdom.

Yeah. You heard me right. Fionna. Drunkenly. Flipping this cow sack all upside down.

Gumball and I shoot out of bed, quickly pull on clothes, and run outside. Fionna looks disheveled and her angry shouts are slurred. At the moment she's setting fire to the Marshmallow Kids. The girls scream and run, but I wonder why. It's not like fire hurts them.

I run straight for Fifi and pull her back. "No, Fi! Why are you doing this?" She snarls and yanks out of my grip. "You dumb ash-hole," she says as she stumbles. "I confeshed and you jusht ran away like the dumb fairy you are."

Some Banana Guards try to restrain Fionna but she just slashes haphazardly at them, actually managing to hit one. Chocolate sauce begins to flow from the gash and Fionna moves on. 

Suddenly Gumball launches himself at Fi, tackling her to the ground. She wails and tries to hit him, but he's got her pinned pretty well. She bites his shoulder and rips out a chunk of his flesh. I yell in rage and run at her. "Don't hurt him!I scream. A Banana Guard holds me back as I try to get to them so I can kill Fionna. Ain't no one gonna hurt my man. Nope. No sir. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Gumball's pained cries echo as he throws Fionna against a building, trying to knock her out. She picks herself up, but she can barely keep her feet. She weakly throws a knife and it just clatters to the ground.

A Banana Guard sneaks up behind her and hits her in the back of the head. Hard. She crumples to the ground and we are left standing, watching her broken form lie on the destroyed candy street.

*****

Author's Note:

Well, I did it. I uploaded like I said I would. Finally, right? I hope you guys liked it :) It's a little more angsty than usual but I thought it turned out well.

Please remember to comment and vote and fan if you REALLY liked it. Bless yo face. If you sneezed during this video, bless you. PEACE OFF. DOOP.

doodadoodoodoodoodoodoodooSUNNY