the late night shift

01

it was my usual late night shift at taco bell in l.a near where all the youtubers live and viners come to visit or live. once in a while, they would come inside and order but they would get mob by screaming girls that they don't have time to sit down and eat. so they leave quickly muttering half ass apologies to the staff. i work the cashier since I know exactly how to deal with rude people that are upset about nothing. it's okay though. the pay is decent and i never take people's words personally.

i'm brooklyn. currently 17, living by myself in a small apartment. the salary from taco bell and the monthly money my parents send me helps everything. i have a few friends but nobody famous. but then again why would I have any famous friends.

this boy came in the restaurant around 9pm. i look up checking out his outfit. his black hair was quiffed up which looked great on him. he was wearing a plain black shirt with nice pair of khakis and a pair of clean black vans. he has some kind of importance to the world by the way he walked with his blonde friend. he moved with his head held up high. he approach the counter staring at me then he looked up at the menu above me then back down.

"hi what would you like today?" I ask tapping my long polished nails on the counter nervously. he looked strangely familiar. i couldn't quite remember where.

"just two number threes and your number" he winks looking at me in the eyes. i look away clearing my throat. i typed in the order quickly.

"$12.99" i mumble. he nods swiping his credit card through the machine. i hand him a copy of the receipt and take the another for myself.

"name for the order?" i ask. he looks at me in shock for a second.

"your future boyfriend" he replys confidently. i laugh softly writing down 'idiot' for the order then my number as a form of apology. he goes into conversation with his friend as i pick the clipping nail polish on my nails.

"brooklyn, here" a gruff voice says suddenly. i take the order from the cook and shove napkins into the bag.

"idiot" i say loudly also putting the recepit with my number in the bag. "here ya go"

he laughs beautifully with his friend taking the food then leaning down by my ear.

"your number better be in there babe" he whispers. he pulls away walking through the door without another look. i let out a huge breath i was holding in and go back to taking orders.

after work, i walk back to my apartment which was only a couple blocks away. i put out my phone once i heard it ring, not bothering to look at the number.

"hello?" i answer turning down a street

"brooklyn" a raspy voice mumbles into the phone

"i never got your name but how did you get mine?" i ask confused

"my name is Jack, beautiful" he ignores my question

"you look familiar" i say biting my lip

"you probably know me, my full name is jack gilinsky"

"mm i don't know"

"let me take you out one night" he says quickly. i could hear boys shouting in the backround

"i don't know.." i sigh

"just one night love"

"okay. one night" i weakly say into the phone as i open the door to my home then shutting it loudly.

"you alright?" he ask

"i'm okay" i smile even though he can't see me.

"jack get the fuck off the phone, you have to come outside and talk to the-" someone shouts as jack cuts him off "okay!"

"call you tomorrow, promise. goodnight beautiful" he mumbles pissed off

"night" i whisper hanging up quickly. i crawl into my bed turning on a random sad movie via netflix on my tv. i walk to my kitchen grabbing a small tub of ice cream getting back into my bed. i grab my Mac book off the ground typing in 'jack gilinsky' into the google search bar.

'new hot viner'

'a boy part of magcon

'jack gilinsky makes vines with his best friend named jack johnson. their account on vine has about 4 million followers and tons of girls commenting about their love for them'

I click a link to a page just about jack gilinsky.

'jack gilinsky is currently seventeen years old but is getting hotter everyday. he is single as of now but still messes around with girls in his free time. he is part of magcon. a convention that tours around u.s.a meeting fans. he lives in l.a with his best friends, Carter, Nash, Jack J, and Cameron.'

I nod my head with amazement closing my laptop then grabbing my phone. I click on his number which I had yet added as a contact. I click text and type quickly.

"Never knew how popular you are" I send it waiting for a reply.

He responds quickly "you finally found out. can't wait to see you again xx"

" 'he is single as of now but still messes around with girls in his free time' I don't know if we should" I type biting my lip.

"Don't believe what you read. We will see you each other again xx" he says. I don't reply placing my phone on the changer on my night stand then falling asleep slowly.

-