Chapter 11

I wake up and it is the first day of training. I get in shower and the outfits are the same as last year. I put them on and I meet Brutus, Enobaria, Cato, Delanie, and Whylie. We get on the elevator and head down to training. The non-reaped mentors are allowed at training this year. The head trainer tells us about the rules. I just stand there bored as crap. When the training begins I go straight to the knifes.

I see 3 staionary targets and 3 moving targets. I grab six knifes and I hit the 3 staionary targets in the bullseye every time. Then I aim for the 3 movie targets but I only have 2 knifes. I see a district 7 girl tribute near me and I know she took my other knife. She turns and laughs at me. I run up to her and start screaming my head off.

" I swear to god, if you dont give me the knife back its going to get worse for you." She then slaps me and says, " Not going to happen puny midget." I then get up in her face. I swear to god, you wont make it to the arena! I'll kill you right here right now! You wont even know what hit you overconfident trash!" She slaps me across my face again and that blows it and I tackle her to the ground.

I then hear the ehad trainer say," All district 2 and district 7 mentors report to lower deck for assistance. She has me on the bottom but then I flip her over and then I am lifted off my feet and I am handcuffed and a rag is put over mouth and eyes. I am put into a room  and the I take the rags off and I'm looking at my Cato, Brutus, and Enobaria.

Cato gets behind me and places his hands on my shoulders. Cato then begins to speak. " You have kicked out of training for today because of your actions Clove." I walk out and go to my room and punch the bed atleast 5 times. Cato comes in and holds my arms and it calms me down. I unball my hands and leave them down.

I can hear Brutus and Enobaria talking out in the hallway about something but I could care less. It's late and I'm tired. I hop into bed with Cato and we fall asleep. I wake up and we arrive at the training center. There are peacekeepers following me around so I dont go into a rage like I did yesterday. I skip the knifes and go to the survival skills station.

I'm there for about 30 minutes and then I go to spears. I'm okay but there too big for me. I see Prim at the maze station. She is the only one over there. She is very good with it. She knows how to  use it well. I walk over to her and tap her on the shoulder. " Hey Prim." "Hey Clove."

" Youre really good at the maze by the way." She then speaks up. " Thanks. It's a talent that I've been hiding for about 4 years now." " Well, I'm glad to have you a part of the careers Prim", I say. " You remember when we first met and you called me fiesty", she says. I nod my head. " You were really feisty yesterday weren't you Clove?" " yeah, I'm sorry you had to see that. But, nobody touches my knifes. I had to do what I had to do."

Training then ends and we have our private sessions with the gamemakers later. They call my name and I walk in to the training center. I see Plutarch Heavensbee. He is looking right at me. I go to the knifes station. I then speak up. " Clove Kemmings, District 2." I pick up six knifes and I see 3 staionary targets and 3 moving targets. I hit the bullseye on every single one of them. I then reallly show of my knife skills.

I see a fly on the ceiling. I then say," see that fly up there gamemakers?" They nod their head yes. " Watch this." I throw the knife and it spilts the fly in half. Plutarch then stands up and says," Thank you Mrs. Kemmings, you are now excused."

I walk out and I feel confident. I arrive back on our floor. Cato asks," How did it go?" I respond to him by saying," Good. I think i did really well." We all take a seat on the couch and the only scores I care about are Delanie's, Whylie's, Prim's , and mine. Ceaser Flickerman comes up on the screen and starts reading out the training scores.

District One gets a combined score of 8. I knew they were bad this year. Then Delnaie's face pops up and she receives a score of 9. Whylie is next. He gets a score of 10. I am so happy right now. But, then they skip over me. I'm kind of confused. They get to district 12 and Prim's face comes up. Her score is an 11. She got the same score as Katniss did last year.

My face then comes up on the screen. Ceaser then says," Clove kemmings. With a score of 12." the screen goes black and I'm stunned. Nobody in the history of the games has gotten a twelve. Cato is hugging me so tight that It's getting hard to breathe. I smack him on the back and he lets go. Tomorrow is the interviews with Ceaser. I get into bed with Cato and I fall asleep quickly. I wake up and Cato must be getting  Delanie and Whylie interview ready.

I get in the shower and I get out and put on a dark t-shirt and jeans. We go to the back of Ceasers stage. I  get changed into my interview dress. It is red and it has flowers at the bottom. Im wearing silver heels that I adore. I see Delanie and she is a white dress that is stunning. Whylie is a dark blue suit that complements him very well.

Delanie goes on stage and she answers very simple questions. Whylie does the same thing and then I am led up to the stage entrance. " Ladies and Gentelman, please welcome the girl with the knifes. Clove Kemmings." I walk on stage and everybody is clapping and Ceaser takes my hand and kisses it. I take a seat and so does Ceaser. "So, Clove how have you been since your last visit?" " Ive been good and it's been better the second time than the first time", I say.

" So, Clove how do you feel about going in to the arena for a second time?" " I mean its great to be honoring my district for the second straight year." " So, Clove I heard you have 2 very important announcements to make?" " I do Ceaser." I stand up and utther the wors that will change my life forever.

" I am pregnant and engaged." There are so many shocked faces in the crowd. The buzzzer sounds and Ceaser stand up and says, Clove Kemmings from district two." I walk off the stage and I wait for prim to go on. I finally see her and she is wearing a blue dress that fits her perfectly. She steps up on stage and I watch her interview closely. Ceaser asks her the same question he asked Peeta last year. " prim, do you have a special guy in your life?" She then responds to his quetstion.

" yes Ceaser I do. His name is Riener Kemmings." Ceaser then says," Primrose Everdeen." She walks off the stage and I see her. " I didnt know you liked my brother." Clove, to be honest I was afraid to tell you." " Prim, dont be afraid to tell me anything." She hugs me and goes with her stylist and d12.

I go with my group and I take the dress and shoes off. I put on purple short shorts and a white tank top. I am laying on the couch and I fall asleep. I wake up and Cato is looking at me sleep. He kisses me and mouths I love you. I am wearing a black jumpsuit with light red lines down the side. I get on the hovercraft and the capitol person injects the tracker in my arm.

We land and the peacekeeprs lead me to the launch room. I see my stylist, " Furlin Capting, in there waiting for me. I hug him and then I hear 30 seconds. I get in the launch tube and I am rising to the arena. I finally see light and it the arena is ruins of an ancient city. then I hear " Let the 75th Annual Hunger Games begin."