Chapter 40

3 Months Later

My eyes snap open and I punch the bed. Today is the day that I've been dreading for the past 2 and a half months. The reaping for the 85th annual Hunger Games. The "special games" Sara came up with. Were only past victors can be reaped and Cato and I  are the only remaining victors left since Prim is in District 12, our former mentors are dead, and Cassi and James have been kidnapped by Sara and Miranda. . Cato is already awake and he must be with the kids.

I roll out of bed and I see my clothes laid out for me. Cato and I have discussed what were doing today. Cassi gave me Johnny's amulet back after she got married. I'm wearing black cargo pants, black boots, and a black tank top with a black headband that says Hazreth on it. Cato is wearing the same thing but a black t-shirt instead of a tank top.

I grab my clothes and I hop in the shower and rinse myself off. I hop out and I pull my clothes on. I strap my double bladed knife and strap it to my side. Cato sits on the bed in his attire. He helps me with my headband and I help him with his.

"Clove, the kids want to see you." Cato says to me. I nod to him and I walk out of my room. I make the short trip down the hallway to my kid's room. Their both sitting on their beds. They look to the door when I walk in.

"Mira, Braden. Come here, please." They walk up to me and I get down on my right knee.

"Listen to me, okay. Do not watch the games, okay? Their a bad thing, I don't want them to scar you. Julianna, Hazel, and Reiner will look after you. I love you and please be safe." I say as tears stream down my face. My 10 year old daughter and my 6 year old son kiss me on the cheek and I grab their hands. I walk down the steps and my 3 siblings stand there and take my children. I place my hands together and raise them. The Hazreth family sign. My siblings nod and I walk out the door, Cato follows me out.

Cato and I make the long, painful walk to the District 2 Justice Building. We arrive and our escort, Alika Mason stands there with the 2 head peacekeepers at the door to the building. Jackson and Emilia. A path has been cleared for us to walk. Alika goes to speak but I put my hand up motion stopping her. Cato grabs my hand and he intertwines his fingers with mine and we walk towards the stage. We reach the step and we climb them at the same time. We stand on either side of Alika.

We then put our hands I the air and we put our hands together making the Hazreth family scene. Then, the next event that happens makes my insides chill. The entire reaping crowd makes the Hazreth sign with their hands. Alkia steps way and we are escorted through the crowds and onto the train.

We walk onto the train and I see my stylist, Furling Captian and Cato's stylist Andrew Kemp. They are in chairs and we sit beside them. Alika takes a seat beside them. No words are spoken on the way to the capitol. We get there and I give Cato a kiss and I join hands with Furling. We walk through the crowds to the prep building. My prep team works on me and then I am led into the room I hoped I would never see again.

Then I see another shadow, then the dark hair is revealed. My greatest enemy on this planet, Sara Snow. I lose my control and I charge at her, Furling intercepts me and holds me back. Sara just smiles and winks at me and exits.

She Will Pay For Her Actions Immensely