Chapter 25

Chapter 25

The phone rings and rings and my brother picks up. “hello”? “Reiner, we need to talk”. “ok, what about”? “Prim. She just told me that it was your idea to not tell me about her second pregnancy”.

“yeah, I just didn’t want to tell you. You’ve always been hard on Hazel and I so I was just afraid to tell you, I guess.” “Hey, I’m on hard you two because I love you. Julianna and Johnny were hard on me, so I’m making sure that you guys have a good life and don’t end up like me.”

“End up like you? Clove, what are you talking about?” “You know what I mean. Just because of what your last name is, you’re targeted by the capitol. It’s all my fault.”

“Clove, if you didn’t do what you did, Cato wouldn’t be alive, I wouldn’t have had Prim. Ashley, Mira, or Braden wouldn’t have been born and our lives would’ve been totally diiferent. I love our lives and I have you to thank for it.”

“Thanks lil bro. I’ll talk to you when we get home. I love you Reiner.” “ I love you too Clove.” I hang up the phone and I go to board the train. I get to the train and I am the first one on the train. I then hear a ticking noise. I look at the back of the train and see a bomb.

I run for the doors. I dive out of the train and the bomb explodes. The blast sends me flying through the air and I land on my back, really hard. I hear a crunch and I landed on my leg. I see which leg and it’s the one that I broke when I was saving Olivia from the fire back when I was 12.

I see Cato, Prim, Brutus, and Enobaria walking out of the building and they see the train up in flames. Cato looks around and his eyes lock with mine. He runs over to me and cringes when he looks at me.

“I know, my leg is broken again. Just help me.” He picks me up in his arms and carries me to another train that we find 5 miles down from the interview building. Cato carries me into the train.

He sets me down on one of the couches and I am in a lot of pain. I lean my head back and cover my face with my hands. Cato sees this and holds my hand really tight.

“Cato, I’m gonna throw up.” He picks me up and takes me into the bathroom. He lifts the toilet seat up and I get on my knees. He pulls my hair back and I spill my guts.

I feel awful and I throw up again. I finish and He picks me up and carries me into the bedroom. I hear a knock on the door. Cato gets up and goes to the door. He opens it and It is a  young woman I don’t know.

“Cato Hazreth?” “Yes.” “hey, im nurse champney, you called me.” “yes, come in here.” The nurse walks over to me and looks at my leg which is crippled. “yeah, its definetly broken. But, it looks like you’ve had surgery before on it. Have you?”

“yes, I broke the same leg when a beam fell from the training center in district 2 on it. I was saving my trainer from the fire. My arm also had 3 degree burns on it.

“well, lets get you back to district 2 and see what the doctor says.” I nod my head and I lean my head back. I am in so much pain right now.  I lean back again and scream as loud as I can.

A hand clasps over my mouth. My eyes shift up and see Cato sitting beside me. I then smell something and I know what it is. He just put sleep syrup into my mouth.

My eyes get wide and he says,” Its for your surgery. We didn’t want to tell you.” As soon as he says,” I love you.” My eyes drift shut and I pass out from the effects of the syrup.

My eyes open and I see the familiar hospital room that I have become custom to. I look around and see Cato with Braden in his arms, Mira, Julianna, Prim, Hazel, and Reiner.

I then try to sit up but my leg objects and somebody is holding me down. I see Brutus siting beside me. “Clove, don’t even try.” A nurse comes in and sees me awake.

“Oh, you are awake earlier then we thought. I will go get your doctor who performed the surgery.” I look down at my leg and it is in an air cast and wrapped up.

Cato looks at me and says, “ Forever and Always, my love.” I stare into those blue eyes and say,” ALWAYS.”