Chapter 9

I wake up and I can smell bacon and eggs downstairs. I walk downstairs and Julianna has already made me a plate. " You hungry sis?" "Sure am." I take the plate and the our parents walk through the door. They see Julianna and they break down. They hug her and she tells them about how she survived for so long.

My dad them mentions the reaping and I ask, " dad, could you pleease not mention that please?" "Clove, I will mention whatever I want to in my house. Dont you dare tell me what to do." I then explode on him. "well, have you ever thought that so,me people dont want to hear about the games 24-7!.n I get so sick and tired of hunger games this and hunger games that! JUST SHUT UP!!!"

" CLOVE VERONA KEMMINGS, Dont you dare yell at your father like that. Go up to your room now", my mom says. I storm upstairs and I shut the door as loud as I can. I can hear the front door open and shut loudly.

I can hear my mom shout, "Robert!" She then storms upstairs and I hide underneath my bed. She opens up the door. " CLOVE, come on out we need to talk." I get out from underneath the bed and take a seat on my bed. She then starts talking to me. " You know youre in trouble for going off on your father like that." Mom, to be honest I dont care what you say. he mentioned something I didnt want to hear so i stood up for what I beleive in."

She storms out and I hear her talking to Julianna. " Maybe you can talk some sense into your sister."

I hear Julianna come up the stairs. I know I'm screwed because she knows how to make me talk.She walks in and I try to get away but she's too strong . She catches me and puts me down on the bed. I cross my arms and just sit there.

"Come on Clove, dont make me do it." I just continue to sit there. She then clamps her hand on my right shoulder and applies pressure to it. i cringe up in pain and I give in. " Okay, Okay, Okay, I'll talk." She releases and after about half an hour I come out of my room and apologize to my mother.

I then go and take a shower. i Get out and put on a black t-shirt, a heavy red jacket, black pantrs, and sturdy boots. I arm myself with my knives and I go out searching for my father. I really hope he is alright. I am now almost to district one and then I see a body on the ground. I run up to the person and it is my father.

"Dad, what happened?" " I was walking back to the house and this girl stabbed me 5 times in the chest. "Dad, please dont leave me like this." Tears start to escape my eyes. He then look up at me and says, " Stay Strong Clove." He then dies right in front of me and I'm now on a mission to teck down my dad's killer. I see a blood trail lead towards the village. I follow it and I'm thinking my dad must have put up a fight.

I see a girl leaning against a tree. I then see the face of my arch rival, Jordan Paylor. I charge at her and body slam her on the ground. I pounce on top of her and I have my boots on her arms. " First, you try to kill me than you kill my father. What did he ever do to you!" She tries to speak but I slap her across the face. I then take out my biggest knife and slam it right through her chest multiple times.

My arch enemy is now dead. I clean the blood off of my knife. I walk home and I see peacekeepers in my house. They must have found my dad's body. I can see my mom crying and I feel like the worst person in the world right now.

I walk in and the peacekeepers are now just leaving. My mom goes to speak but I stop her. " I already know mom. I was right beside him when he died. Tears are now flowing down my eyes and I go upstairs. I pack all my stuff up and I head downstairs. " Mom, I'm so sorry but I cant live here anymore. I'm moving in with Cato." I then walk out of the door.

Cato sees me with all my belongings and he agrees to let me stay with him. I tell him about my father dying and I am now crying more than I have in my entire life. Cato pulls me in for a hug. " It's going to be alright Clove. I'm here for you and I will always be." He wipes the tears from my eyes and my mascara is running. I go into his bathroom and clean myself up.

I come out and I look a whole lot better but I am so depressed right now. The only person that can snap me out of it is Cato. I change into my green tank top. I put on a pair of white short shorts. I have a variety of short shorts.

I lay in hes bed and dream about all the good times that I had with my dad. A tear escapes my eye again and I wipe it off. Cato clims into bed with me and holds me close. I love him soooo much. I can't imagine myself with anybody else.

He cuddles up close to me and I kiss him hard. he then plants a kiss on me. I then play with his silky,blond hair. he then returns the favor by messing with my hair. He smacks me on my butt and I wince in pain. " Whats wrong my little clover?" I show him that my butt is red. he knows what happened and he kisses me on the lips again.

I fall asleep in his comforting arms and I'll tell him about what I did to Jordan tomorrow. Tonight, is just a night of peace.