Chapter 10

I wake up and it is reaping day. The way we were told how it works is that the tributes will be selected first and then the mentor would be chosen. I get in the shower and I get out. I pick out my reaping out. A yellow dress with flats. Cato is in a white shirt with khakis. We hold each other s hands and we head towards the justice building. District 2's justice building is the biggest and strongest in all of Panem.'

The regular tributes are in their marked off sections and Cato, Brutus, Enobaria, and myself are in one marked off section. The District two escort,Alika Marson, steps up to the podium. She shows that dark days video that they show every year. She then says," Now it is time to select one young man and woman for the honor of representing District 2in the 3rd quarter quell." 

"Ladies first."She steps up to the glass ball and picks out a slip of paper. She unfolds it and reads," Delanie Piper." I see Delanie and she is about 5-5 and and she walks up to the podium and waves. She then says," Now for the guys." She takes out a slip of paper and reads," Whylie Johnsteen." He looks like Cato and looks vicious and ready to go.

She then walks over to the mentor bowl. She says," Now it is time to pick a mentor to compete in the 75th annual hunger games. She ruffles around and picks a slip of paper. She opens it and reads," Clove Kemmings." I walk up to the podium and look out into the sea of people.

We are then lead into seperate rooms and family are my first visitors. My mom hugs me and says, " Clove, you won the games onec, I know you can do it again." Hazel, Johnny, And Julianna just hug me and they are escorted out by peacekeepers. nobody else comes to visit me. We are then led onto the train and the train speeds toward the capitol. Cato, Brutus, Enobaria, and myself sit in front of Delanie and Whylie. How do we get shelter and stuff like that'', they ask. I then speak up. " I will be in the arena with you so you stay with me and listen to me at all times, got it?" They nod their heads. "Brutus,Enobaria, and Cato are going to mentor you more than I am because I'm going to be training with yall."

I get up and drag Cato into our room on the train. " You have to promise to keep this a super secret. You cant tell anybody, understand." He nods his head. "You know how Jordan's body was found dead this morning?" "Yeah", he responds. I am wearing a dark glove on my right hand. I take it off and there is blood on my hand. I take out the knife and I say," Get the picture now love?" " I killed Jordan because she killed my father." He promises to keep his mouth shut.

We arrive at the capitol and Delanie, Whylie, and myself go to get prepped for our stylists. My prep team strips all the ahir of my legs and arms. They wash my hair multiple times and then I am sent into a small lonely room. I then hear a familiar voice. " So you're back eh?" My stylist, Furlin Capting, steps out of the shadow and shakes my hand. He then takes off the gown and sees a bump on my stomach. I put my finger up to my mouth and say," Secret." He nods his head.

This year were being dressed up as knights. I have a knight skirt and knight chest armor. I am wearing a knight crown. I meet up with Cato, Brutus, Enobaria, Whylie, Furlin, and Delanie. We get on the chariots and the parade starts and everybody is shouting ny name. We stop and then I see President Snow and he i staring right at me with those snake like eyes.

He starts talking and then I look over at the district 12 chariot. the girl tribute catches my eye. Its Prim and she looks stunning even though she's only 13. We then get off the chariots and are led to the training center building. We have the second floor and I go to my room. I put on a green t-shirt and tight blue jeans and I take a seat on the couch. I then start watching the reapings. The tributes from district one look so weak. I'm kicking them out of the alliance. I could care less about anybody elses except district 12.

Prim looks so stunned and small. I'm adding her to the career pack if she wants too. Cato comes in and sits down next to me. "I know you will win Clove, I know you will." Cato, can I ask you something?' "Yeah sure, what is it?" "I'm thinking about adding Prim to the career pack, what do you think?" " I think its a good idea. "Lets suprise everybody by killing off all of district one at the cornucopia."

" I love it Cato." We then go to our seprate rooms and I try to go asleep then I have an idea. I carefully get up and go to the elevator. I go all the way to the top floor. I knock on Prim's door and she opens it. " CLOVE, what are you doing up here." " I want to talk to you, lets go up on the roof." We walk up to the roof and we take a seat. " So, clove what do you want to talk about?" " I wanted to ask you if you wanted join the career pack?" She seems kinda shocked. " Its only going to be my two tributes, you, and me. So, what do you say?" " i'm in bestie from district two." " Prim, youre amazing."

She goes back to her room and I go back to the 2nd floor and I wake Cato up. he turns to me." hey I got prim to agrre to side with us." " That great Clove. Now come sleep with me. I need you." I cuddle up into bed with him. We fall asleep in each other's arms.