Chapter 1

I sighed as I made my way through the crowded hallways of Anderson High, listening to the clacking of my high heels across the tiled floor. I strut down the hall letting my long brown locks bounce on my back. I let my eyes scan around me in search for my girls. My girls being the A clique of course.

"Hey girls" I greeted them as I opened my locker, gliding some thin lipgloss on my perfectly plump lips.

"Where the hell have you been, A?" A voice asked who I had assumed was Amanda. She was by far the clingiest of our clique. It's a miracle I haven't booted her yet.

"God, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning" I teased as I placed the shimmering gloss neatly back into it's holster, grabbing my english book and notebook for first period. The look on her face was disgust but then I raised my eyebrows at her as if to say 'Your already standing on the edge, don't make me push you' and her face softened into her usual glow.

The bell rang and I slammed my locker shut and headed to first period slightly wondering if I should skip. I heard a clicking noise to my face and looked up to Chris, who was snapping his fingers in my face chanting, "Earth to Aurora,"

I snickered and pecked his lips. Chris was my boyfriend. The star of the football team. The IT guy. He was perfect in every little way. It's too bad I just use him for show. I'm sure he could really make someone happy. He winked at me with a smirk across his face while I just ignored and pulled him on to class.

As I entered the classroom, the aroma of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes enters my nose. "I sure as hell didn't miss this during summer break" I say a little too loudly and get a stern look from Mrs. Jones, our english teacher for the next year. I let out a small sigh at the fact that I was going to have to spend a whole year of this class which I already seemed to dislike. Chris and I claim our seats in the back. The A Cliquers don't sit with the geeks in the front. God forbid that ever happen. "Good morning class" Mrs Jones spits. "And that's the other reason we don't sit up there" I whisper just loud enough for Chris' ears.