Warped - 23 *Saying Goodbye

After hanging out with Ronnie, we headed over to the PTV bus to see about that soccer game. It was in the field just behind it.

“Hey boys!” I yelled and watched them all turn to look at me.

“WE DIBBS LACEY!” Jaime screamed and ran over to pick me up over his shoulder. Along with Jaime, my team was the rest of the band. We were playing Sleeping with Sirens, meaning Kellin and Jesse were forwards, Justin and Jack were defense and Gabe was their goalie.

“We had to even out the teams somehow,” Vic told me once Jaime had put me down. I was joining him as a forward while Mike and Tony were the docile defenders and Jaime was goal keeper.

                The game was pretty intense, especially with my friends sitting on the sidelines laughing because our team rocked and by the time the game was half over, Kellin and Jesse had thrown away the rules, Justin was smoking and Gabe was getting a headache. Vic accidentally hit him in the head with the ball. The game was almost over and Jesse had the ball and that’s when everything got really messed up. I slid to try and kick it away from him to Vic and Kellin tried to stop me but instead fell over me and accidentally kicked me in the ribs. I also hit him in the face with my knee so we were kind of even while we were laying on the ground in pain. Mike was dying of laughter and Vic and Tony ran to see if we needed help.

“That was fucking hilarious!” Mike wheezed, half because he’d been smoking too and half because he was laughing too hard.

“Are you okay?” Kellin asked me while we were helped up.

“Yeah, are you?” I replied.

“I think so,” He said with a laugh. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine, just a bruise. Oh shit, sorry about your face.” I laughed a little at his already swelling cheek.

“You didn’t get my eye so it’s all good,” Kellin said and laughed with me. Before anyone could realize it, I turned and kicked the ball through the goal posts.

“We win anyways,” I said and everyone laughed.

“Good game guys,” Jesse piped in.

                Elliot will never let me forget that. I had to play a show right after too.  I ran over, covered in grass and dirt and bruises, one of my shins was already turning purple from Jesse. Chrissy was going nuts off stage and Nate decided to go into the pit, which was odd for him… Andy and Ronnie joined them once I was already on stage.

“First off, I’m so fucking sorry for looking like this, but I just kicked Kellin Quinn’s ass in soccer,” I told them and watched all my fans laugh.

“For the record!” I heard and watched Kellin march up with his own mic. “You had four Mexicans on your team!”

“Don’t you have somewhere better to be Kellin?” I joked and pushed him lightly.

“Nope, I’m just gonna sit here and mess with your head,” He said and took a seat on the edge of the stage. I just laughed and played my set.

                When I got off, Andy inspected me and I was careful to stop him before he got to my ribs since I hadn’t quite seen it yet myself.

“Oh Lacey, what did you do to poor Kellin’s face?” Ronnie laughed.

“Her knee almost broke my face,” Kellin joked.

“It was an accident and you did some damage too!” I replied and all of us walked back to the buses. I was stopped by some fans to sign some stuff but we made it there eventually.

“CC! PUT ON SOME GOD DAMN PANTS OR NEXT TIME I’M GOING TO CHOP YOUR DICK OFF!” I heard Andy scream and stopped everyone from going in.

“Is it safe?” I asked with a little laugh.

“Yeah, come on in,” Andy held the door open for all of us.CC laughed at me while I tried to scrub all the dirt off. My knee was a little scraped up, but I was fine. Andy made the mistake of squeezing my ribs and I screamed.

“Sorry, I just have a little bruise on my ribs from soccer,” I apologized for scaring everyone in the bus, including Ashley.

“You realize that Ronnie filmed that right?” Ashley told me.

“Oh god no, I groaned and fell back onto the couch, and incidentally Nate’s legs.

“Ow!” He complained.

“You do it to me all the time, get over it,” I told him and turned back to Ashley.

“Yup, on his little digital camera,” Ashley was smirking now.

“I’m going to kill you,” I said and narrowed my eyes.

“Why me?! Ronnie did it!” He whined.

“But you have a copy already don’t you?” I accused and kicked his legs out.

“You little bitch,” He told me with a small smile. Everything was all in good fun.

                It was sad when my friends had to leave again. I cried a little when we were saying goodbye. Luckily Andy had stayed in the bus. Then was the awkward goodbye with Nate.

“Bye Nate,” I said. It sounded too final, it was almost scary. He hugged me, which was another odd thing for him. He never hugged me.

“Did you mean it when you said you were happy with me?” He asked.

“Yes.” The way he looked at me almost killed me as he let me go and walked away with his head down. I leaned against the fence and cried until Jinxx came and found me.

“Ah, what happened?” He asked me and sat down. He pulled me into a hug and I cried on his shoulder.

“Nate…” Was all I could say for a while. Jinxx and I sat there and I watched the sun set as I tried to calm down.

“Want to tell me now?” Jinxx asked me.

“I left him to come do this tour and he was just really sweet about it and I realized how much I hurt him by leaving,” I sighed and tried not to cry again.

“Do you really love Andy?” He asked me suddenly.

“More than anyone else I’ve ever met,” I said. “It sucks that we only have one more week.”

“I think you made the right choice, I’ve never seen Andy smile as much as when he’s with you,” Jinxx told me. I wiped my eyes and we walked back to the bus.

“Sammi’s a lucky woman,” I told him and watched him smile.

“No, I’m the lucky one,” Jinxx said as we went back in the bus. Andy didn’t ask any questions, we just sat around and watched Batman.

Did the title scare you? AHAHAHA! I know, it's mean :P but JINXX IS SUCH A SWEETIE <3 oh my god, I love him.